View Full Version : Best Way To Stop Taking?

Histom
11-07-07, 07:41 PM
I know this is a really odd question but... I currently take 10 or 20 mg of Metadate in the mornings. For a few months now I have had the urge to quit taking it. I have been on ADHD medicine for my almost my entire life and lately, I just don't know if I really need it? I have tried to do this before and I always ended up taking it again because i was forced to usually, (I was able to stop because I pretended to take it and either spit it out or put it in my pocket.) At these times I did great in school and didn't notice antyhing, so as far as I could see it seemed ok.

I am in college now and I am trying again. When I don't take it I am uncontrollably tired, and i don't know how to get through. All the things that I believe are stemming from taking it are driving my insane, fast heart rate, chest pain, very bad joint pain, I just don't see why I should have to deal with it. My friend always told me that if it made my life better I should keep taking it and now I am not so sure. I want to think that I can function without it, and I think I can, but I just don't know how to get over the overwhelming fatigue, I stopped taking it for the past six days and I realized I couldn't write a paper for a class because I couldn't keep my eyes open, my pen kept going all over the place, etc.

I don't exactly have access to my doctor right now because he moved to another state and I haven't gotten a new one yet. I don't know if this is a question many would answer, ethics I guess, but I know someone has experienced this sort of thing and must have some advice.

Thankyou

William