View Full Version : On a diet

Matt S.
11-12-07, 01:09 PM
Well yesterday I decided that I was overdue for a diet, the reason is because I weigh 165 and my knees hurt because of all of that weight.

I was 145 before and I take Dexedrine Spansules so I will not have too much of a problem getting back there.

I was anorexic before so I am worried a little bit about having an onset of that again,

Are there any fat ex-anorexics that were able to diet without getting sick from it?

If so, I need tips...

thanks

Skully
11-13-07, 09:12 PM
Sorry, not me. I have a tendancy to be belimic (spelling). What is your height? 165 doesn't sound all that bad for a guy.

ozchris
11-13-07, 09:30 PM
Diets never work in my opinion. Your better off changing your lifestyle and trying to add some exercise that you like as well as changing what you eat. Do you like walking? Playing tennis or anything like that? I started doing some running and changed my diet and the weight loss was very impressive. The exercise helps with ADD and many mental illnesses too.

Try and have plenty of protein because it fills you up and gives you lots of energy.

eg,-

Breakfast: Egg, toast

Morning tea: some type of nuts like almonds or some fruit

Lunch: sandwich - brown bread, lettuce, tomato, ham or chicken. No mayonnaise or anything like that. Soup

Afternoon tea: More fruit, maybe one of those protein milkshakes.

Dinner: Rice, Pasta, Chicken, Fish, Vegetables. Go easy on toppings and sauces.

Don't know if you'll like many of those things. I don't know much about anorexia but if you eat often in small portions you'll end up losing more weight in the long run. Hopefully an ex-anorexic can give you some tips.

Just don't go on that awful Atkins diet..it's not very healthy.

I hope I helped a little bit. Just remember to lose weight you don't have to eat less, just eat the right things and exercise more. Good luck with it :)

~boots~
11-13-07, 10:18 PM
I did the atkins :-) went from fat fat fat fat to normal...blood pressure, cholestoral, sugar level etc all perfect :-)
and it was easy....

Kimmy
11-14-07, 12:40 AM
finally someone else to relate to me, yes, im a chubby ex-anorexic :) i was at 220 and now at 168 :)

don't do a diet. your metabolism is screwed from being ana already and this will do it even worse. just start eating right like a normal person.

i find that getting in breakfast gets me in the right mood. the calories are already in me that i dont go crazy thinking about everything that goes in my mouth the rest of the day. a healthy breakfast makes me feel good and positive about myself. i havent gone back to my old ways. and ofcourse, don't do the scale everyday, try once a week or month.

ozchris
11-14-07, 01:33 AM
I did the atkins :-) went from fat fat fat fat to normal...blood pressure, cholestoral, sugar level etc all perfect :-)
and it was easy....Well i'll admit I don't know a whole heap about it but it sounds a bit fishy. No carbs and lots of protein. I guess I was told in school to have mostly carbs with that food pyramid thing. A balanced diet is the way to go :) glad it worked out for you though

Matt S.
11-14-07, 11:56 AM
I am 5'9" and it may be mental that it is hurting my knees, somatization to sort of develop some control factor, my bipolar and OCD have been a bit off whack lately, but 145 isn't too skinny either. My problem is that if I hit 145, then I am going to most likely want to drop to 140 and so on.

Kimmy
11-14-07, 02:44 PM
i worry about that. i think 150 is my goal, then i say no 130, no 120. Ive decided 120 *IS* the goal. final final goal. I will not go any lower. I'm 5'6 and that puts me in a size 5 junior size jeans at 120--perfect.

Do pictures of you at your lowest weight freak you out? I have one of me in a bathing suit at about 99 lbs. Nastiest photo ever now. Maybe use that as a reminder if you start going crazy.

Matt S.
11-14-07, 04:41 PM
I have a picture from when I weighed 99 lbs at the age of seventeen and it looks like skeletor.

Skully
11-14-07, 08:13 PM
The best thing to do is not to go on a "diet" but to eat right. Eat several small meals a day of the right foods. I was a personal trainer once so I can develop meal plans. If you need help let me know.

Matt S.
11-18-07, 02:36 PM
A good part of this weight will come off with my recent discontinuation of one of my meds.

maori_boy
11-18-07, 03:12 PM
I think that people put too much emphasism on losing weight rather than being healthy. You can be really skinny but still be unhealthy and not getting enough nutrients. Being skeletal isnt healthy ay. Usually your body will tell you what you need but if you have an eating disorder its kind of a worped view ay. I go thru times where i dont eat properly, im guilty of it sometimes too.
I reckon that celebrities and media make out like being thin is all that matters but really it should be health, being healthy.
just my 2c
mspen bro all the best with that ay :)

Matt S.
11-19-07, 09:57 AM
The emphasis on men looking anorexic is slowly become popular as the "JLo Booty" is sending the females in the opposite direction.

maori_boy
11-19-07, 10:03 AM
i think the JLo booty is big for like Latinos and African americansi but i think european women still like to be thin. From what i see on tv with like Keira Knightley and some of the gurls i see round town. Then again i dunno...here for men its all about the muscles unless ur emo..then thats another story lol

Kimmy
11-27-07, 01:01 AM
yup i like the tall skinny nerdy guys myself :)

Matt S.
11-27-07, 05:06 AM
Well I don't want to look ugly emo skinny, goth was so much prettier than emo, different topic.

Back to the diet thing, i am getting a membership at the ymca.

Kimmy
11-27-07, 05:12 AM
thanksgiving made me gain 4
thanksgiving really killed me in my brain
even seeing the commercials of the families at the tables of food freaked me out
i looked at the calories on some canned sweet milk and it was 1330 and just quit looking after that and enjoyed myself

i wish we had a ymca around here. do they have a full gym?

geek emo boys > goth boys > stupid emo boys in girl clothes :D

Matt S.
11-27-07, 05:15 AM
i was goth when I was a teenager and the look was a lot different, now I am 27 so it wasn't too long ago but yeah emo didn't exist then.

Goth was liked by the girls when I was a teenager and it made me popular in school, odd.

I also became anorexic to look good gothic because I was fat and looked scary and ugly at first (at age 14)

Kimmy
11-27-07, 05:24 AM
hello mister, im 24, i know what you are talking about LOL

Matt S.
11-27-07, 05:28 AM
Oh cool, I feel better, explaining it to a 16 or 17 year old is pointless because they think emo is it and has been this movement for a long time and it's new.

Kimmy
11-27-07, 02:02 PM
i logged on just to add this LOL
what about weezer? wouldnt that count as geek emo? and they were around back in the day too.

and maori, im a white girl. i do not want to look like paris hilton or keira knightly. Lauren Collins from The Hills is a great body. Curvy but not skanky skinny.

I have lost so much weight but didn't exercise so now it's just gross. If we didn't have hard wood floors, I think I would do more. I am going to have to get a good yoga mat to crunch on.

What diet did you decide on? What kinda plan? I'm no red meat, high protein, limit milk, and counting calories.

Matt S.
11-27-07, 03:23 PM
See food- don't eat it

Ramey
11-27-07, 09:14 PM
See food- don't eat it
I have a weight problem...can't WAIT to eat. ;)

Kidding...well, only on some days.

I've had ED issues since I was a young teenager. I'm in my mid-30's now. I feel like I've never been OFF of a diet.

Good luck to all that are trying to lose!

Matt S.
11-28-07, 04:16 AM
That seems to be the only way I can take weight off and it'll stay off, I gained weight because of a medicine and it'll come off on it's own but I have no patience so I guess that would explain my methods to lose weight.

I am one of those perpetual dieters too.

maori_boy
11-28-07, 06:32 AM
yeah sorry i wasnt generalisng or anything just alot of people, like young girls all go on about being fat and all that. i like girls with a bit of meat on them ay..

the foods that i eat are basically alot of seafood and meat...and for veges its kumara (sweet potatoes), potatoes, pumpkins...starchy stuff..

ozchris
11-28-07, 04:51 PM
Yeah same here MB. Hate seeing all the skinny girls these days that try to be like movie stars or something. A bitta meat makes them look good.

kumara is good stuff ;). I'll let one of my mates who's maori know I learnt that word, he'll be impressed.

4gotAgain
12-05-07, 08:35 PM
Yum I love kumara.
I am weird when it comes to food. I used to be anorexic, then I became bulimic, then went to binge-eating and now I'm heading in the anorexic direction again. Gee I'm weird in the head lol.