View Full Version : Another Med

Sleepless
11-12-07, 11:05 PM
I just found out this evening that my son (7yr old) will start on Clonidine. He has been taking 2 mg of melatonin but that has not been working. Can someone give me their opinion of Clonidine? I'm a little unsure abount it. He also just started Vyvanse (50 mg), this is when the lack of sleep really started.

QueensU_girl
11-12-07, 11:38 PM
I have no stats to quote, but it SEEMS like many people are having problems with Vyanase.

dawnburke@cinci
01-28-08, 02:34 PM
We are also battling sleep issues with our seven year old, so I am not an expert, but I will tell you that when we tried Vyvanse, they got much worse. We went back to Concerta with a booster at 3-4p on sports night.

We are also starting to try Clonidine. Our 7 year old is only 50 lbs, so we are starting with a half of a tablet. So far, we have found it affective if we give it right before bed, and then have him read and then cuddle with him for a little bit.

The other thing that has helped us recently is realizing that even with the sleep medicine, it takes his mind a while to shut down. We have recently begun a reward system where if he lays down without a battle at 8p, he can earn tokens toward a trip to an arcade. He may not be able to go to sleep until 9, but its much better than having him lay down at 9 and not having him settle down until after 10.