View Full Version : The Truth in Dreams

Draga
02-10-04, 11:08 PM
A few years ago, my father passed away. He left this world before I could understand him, while he was alive we kinda drifted apart.. I could never understand why he could not be the father I needed him to be.

I became a beliver in the knowledge that when you pass on, you know the true feelings of everyone that was in your life...so he must have known how I felt.

A few days after he passed away, I had a dream that guided me to answering all my questions about him. In the dream, we were standing around his coffin and nothing was happening.

"Why isn't anything happening? Why are we just standing here?
Why are we not putting him to rest? I asked, but no one would answer.

"Unfinished buisness." a voice said. "What unfinished buisness?"
I asked the strange voice.

"Aunt Pasty" the voice replied. My aunt is someone I have never seen since I was 4 years old. Then the voice said, "Patrick."
Patrick is my deceased brother who dies at childbirth.

I woke up from that dream with chills, I sat and that thought about the dream, "Maybe the unfinished buisness has something to do with both of them. I felt compeled to follow the adivce of the strange voice and I got the number from my Uncle and called her up. Thank God she was home.

She told me about my father's life and what it was like for him growing without a father himself, so he would not know how to behave as a father without a roll model. She told me more about his life and the more I listened to her the more I understood what it was like for him.

Needless to say, when I hung up the phone with her 3 hours later, the anger and resentment I felt most of my life was lifted. I no longer hated him or hurt by him. I finally saw because of that dream I had that night that guided me too the light. To this day I like to believe my dad was talking to me in my dreams to put the confussion to rest, but I will never understand why Patrick had any reason to do with it.

From that I learned a valuable lesson about understanding, here I spent most of my life not truly knowing my dad and not understanding him and what he went through in the past and that brought a lot of pain in my life. From that moment on before I hold a grudge against anyone, I try to understand the physcological aspects of their minds as to why they act the way they do, that way I am not so mad. Makes me a lot more peaceful without the big chip on my shoulder. :)

Sometimes I still dream about my dad, that is my way of not feeling so lonely and he warns me sometimes of danger and what is going to happen in the future, the trouble is, sometimes I don't know if it is a forseeing of the future from dad or just a bad dream. Heh, me and dad have better communication now that he is gone than we did when he was on earth, because now I think he also understands me.

A personal message to my father:

I love you, Dad and I miss you.
This story is true,
and I dedicate this thread to you, Daddy.
As long as you are in my dream,
I will never be lonely as I may seam,
Although, Dad, I miss you so much,
For God's sake, Keep in touch.

apcpapergirl
02-11-04, 01:00 AM
Oh my melly.... such a beautiful story.
Thanks for sharing.

Draga
02-11-04, 01:03 AM
Anytime APC thanks for loving it

waywardclam
02-11-04, 01:16 AM
Wow...

I seem to say that a lot when reading everybody's creative efforts around here... but it is the word that sums up my reaction the best.

Draga
02-11-04, 02:04 AM
:D I am glad you like

Mary
02-11-04, 02:50 AM
Love it sweety...thank you!

Draga
02-11-04, 02:55 AM
Your Welcome, Mary TY.

Nucking_Futs
02-11-04, 04:52 PM
I agree with WC WOW!!!!!!!!! says it all Mel your trully WOW!!!!!

Draga
02-11-04, 07:26 PM
Ok guys I promise to tryto get everything I have written published...If I do I promise to remember the guys who always gave Me Inspiration to keep writing. I love you guys.

maverick_princess
05-22-04, 09:29 PM
This is awesome...

Glad this is helping you deal with some of your issues. Your speaking out about this can help others deal with their issues.

Draga
05-22-04, 09:53 PM
Well, experiences in my life that have affected me the most are already my lessons learned..so that is why I share them..I am hoping others read them and learn from what they read and understand the message that I sent out...the best thing about writing I find is that 999/1000 can read this and not touch any of them...but if that 1 person reads it and it makes a difference to them in there lives...then I know these are not just wasted words.