View Full Version : Going against my grain

Lafnalot
11-19-07, 10:26 PM
Those of you who are aware of whats going on with my kid , I'm very depressed. Im calling my doctor tomorrow. Im functional, but without any extras, Im either sleeping alot or not sleeping at all. They upped my Lamictal to 300 mg a day (plus my Cymbalta 60 mg 1 x's daily) ut I havent noticed any change.The strain of Lizzies needs is also beginning to get to my relationship with my bf. He is struggling to understand her. I feel pulled between the two and am retreating internally. She isnt an easy child but she is my child and I love her. He isnt perfect but he is mine and I love him. I find myself pulling away from both of them and only giving whats expected of me. He feels there is no strain between the two of them, but Lizz voiced it before I could name it.

I don't have anyone other than my therapist to discuss this with.

Crazy~Feet
11-19-07, 11:18 PM
I take 300 mgs Lamictal too, but Cymbalta had to go. It made me cycle. I am concerned about that combination Lafn. :(

Matt S.
11-20-07, 10:06 AM
Yeah Cymbalta wasn't successful with me either.

BeachBum
11-20-07, 11:57 AM
Those of you who are aware of whats going on with my kid , I'm very depressed. Im calling my doctor tomorrow. Im functional, but without any extras, Im either sleeping alot or not sleeping at all. They upped my Lamictal to 300 mg a day (plus my Cymbalta 60 mg 1 x's daily) ut I havent noticed any change.The strain of Lizzies needs is also beginning to get to my relationship with my bf. He is struggling to understand her. I feel pulled between the two and am retreating internally. She isnt an easy child but she is my child and I love her. He isnt perfect but he is mine and I love him. I find myself pulling away from both of them and only giving whats expected of me. He feels there is no strain between the two of them, but Lizz voiced it before I could name it.

I don't have anyone other than my therapist to discuss this with.

Hello Crissy,

It's been a very long time since I posted here and I am glad to see that you are still hanging in there. I have been wondering about what became of you after your soulsadness website shut down. I don't know what is going on with your kid, but I hope things work out with your kid and your bf. My son is going to Coast Guard boot camp down by you in Cape May in January and I am working in Tech Support for Vonage in Holmdel. Sounds exciting eh? :D

Your old friend,

Frank

Lafnalot
11-21-07, 08:42 PM
Im on cymbalta for my chronic pain and its working well, I rarely have to take pain meds now. However I will bring it up with my doctor and let her know what many have noticed for themselves.It could very well be the culprit.

Frank I cant tell you how glad I am to see you. Last we spoke was so long ago and Im glad to see your smiling face doing so obviously well.

When your son comes to boot camp let him know first leave if he wants a home cooked meal, we would love to have him.

~boots~
11-21-07, 09:04 PM
how are you today L??? hows lil Lizzie???
I'll go hunt in the thread ..

Hi to frank too :-)

BeachBum
11-26-07, 04:17 PM
An invitation to dinner? That is so nice of you Crissy, I will let him know. :)

Hi back at ya Tracy!