View Full Version : i have this really bad habit

pinkglitter
11-23-07, 03:26 PM
when im in public lim ooking at everyone..and then i make eye contact and then look sumwhere else and then i just wanna ignore looking at the person but i still look back and then it keeps going...it looks bad it looks like im in interested in that person then :S but thats not the case.. for example was on the train today i see one guy looking i look away and then i had to look againand then i look away again haahha i dont get it and then again this lady lookings at me an d then i looked at her and then i looke aaway and then looked at her againaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah wth:foot:

netsavy006
11-23-07, 03:47 PM
That sounds like a bit of social anxiety. Luckally from the mild-ness of the case you can use behavoral and cognative therapy to help overcome it. I'd recommend seeking therapy for this before resorting to medication.

livinginchaos
11-24-07, 02:43 AM
a lot of people are uncomfortable with prolonged eye contact. it doesn't necessarily mean it's social anxiety, but doesn't rule it out either (only a trained professional can diagnose something like this).

talk w/ your doc about it to see what can be done.

Matt S.
11-24-07, 03:11 AM
a lot of people are uncomfortable with prolonged eye contact. it doesn't necessarily mean it's social anxiety, but doesn't rule it out either (only a trained professional can diagnose something like this).
I agree with this opinion personally, bring it up at your doctor's appointment, I am sure he can help you figure out what is wrong.

Do you see a therapist?

pinkglitter
11-24-07, 08:21 PM
That sounds like a bit of social anxiety. Luckally from the mild-ness of the case you can use behavoral and cognative therapy to help overcome it. I'd recommend seeking therapy for this before resorting to medication.oh
no no i dont think thats it and meds?are u serious?:eyebrow:

pinkglitter
11-24-07, 08:24 PM
Let me tell you why I think your wrong

I am 24 years old
My parents kept me sheltered til i was 21 ( i moved out) and they dont talk to me now becuz i moved out.....i couldnt take it anymore so i had to leave..
It was so bad they were dropping me off to school picking me up..was never allowed to take the train bus etc wasnt allowed to go anywhere..I NEVER went to the mall by myself or anywhere else for that fact so i think its gonna take me while to adjust to this freedom u know wut i am saying?

livinginchaos
11-24-07, 11:58 PM
Good for you for moving out, pink, and being independent! Although, I'm sure it's hard to not have your parents' support.

It just sounds like adjusting to your new environment may take time.

pedalpounder
11-25-07, 12:02 AM
I do the same... I look away because I can't think when I see animate objects like a face. I get distracted by what I see, so I find myself staring at the wall when I talk to people, only because closing my eyes is way more rude and somewhat weirder.

I don't really care what people think.

MaNaeSWolf
11-26-07, 07:54 AM
I have this habbit of looking people streign in the eyes when I walk past them. . ok, not in a stareing way, I put asmile on my face first. I get very mixed results. about 80% of the people look away, 15% smile back and 5% greet me.

~boots~
11-26-07, 07:55 AM
I have this habbit of looking people streign in the eyes when I walk past them. . ok, not in a stareing way, I put asmile on my face first. I get very mixed results. about 80% of the people look away, 15% smile back and 5% greet me.I'd slap you :D

pinkglitter
11-26-07, 02:50 PM
Good for you for moving out, pink, and being independent! Although, I'm sure it's hard to not have your parents' support.

It just sounds like adjusting to your new environment may take time.
Thanks yea it is hard but oh well. I am currently attending University and working hard..Im gonna show em what I am.

Yeah well I moved out 3 years ago. And from there things went downhill especially by self esteem and now I have the courage to work on it :)

pinkglitter
11-26-07, 02:51 PM
I do the same... I look away because I can't think when I see animate objects like a face. I get distracted by what I see, so I find myself staring at the wall when I talk to people, only because closing my eyes is way more rude and somewhat weirder.

I don't really care what people think.Yeah nt need to care wut others think

pinkglitter
11-26-07, 02:53 PM
I have this habbit of looking people streign in the eyes when I walk past them. . ok, not in a stareing way, I put asmile on my face first. I get very mixed results. about 80% of the people look away, 15% smile back and 5% greet me.OMgI know what you mean i look into their eyes and sometimes I do these lil tests to see who looks away first.:p
And I have noticed..with women I have the confidenceto look them right in the eye...and then when it comes to guys..i tend to look away and I have noticed this happens becuz my parents kept me sheltered..no talking to boys and stuff like that.