View Full Version : insomnia

Matt S.
11-23-07, 07:14 PM
I have been sleeping from 10 p.m. till 1 a.m. I am not developing any manic issues and it may be a med D/C thing but I figured I would post out there to the insomniacs in the forum

Hello fello insomniacs my name is the "Manic Wonder".

Matt S.
11-23-07, 07:14 PM
I'll add to the thread when I cant sleep, just to keep it alive

netsavy006
11-23-07, 07:37 PM
I have sleep problems. I've had chronic issues. I took Lunesta for a period of time and it helped but the autherization kept me from continueing to fill the 'script. My pdoc would have to be contacted each time I brought the 'script to the pharmacy.

Matt S.
11-23-07, 07:39 PM
I prefer the "au naturale" approach, the old "insomnia until manic" approach.

netsavy006
11-23-07, 07:40 PM
well what about melatonin 3mg?

Matt S.
11-23-07, 07:41 PM
Never tried it, SAME and ST Johns wort made me manic so I guessed melatonin would do something similar...

netsavy006
11-23-07, 07:43 PM
well melatonin is different from sam-e and st john's wort.

Matt S.
11-23-07, 08:04 PM
I did my research and now know that, again I like to get manic so it doesn't bother me one bit.

Crazy~Feet
11-23-07, 08:32 PM
I prefer the "au naturale" approach, the old "insomnia until manic" approach.Now hold on, brother....why is this a good approach for you and not for me? Isn't it you who perpetually busts on me for not getting proper rest? I DO NOT want to come in here one day, and wonder where you are, and spend the next month or three wondering if you are even alive! What goes up must eventually come down.

I think that we (bipolars) might not respond to sleep medications/remedies in the same manner as everybody else. Not to say that we have a unique response, other illnesses might cause the same response, but I have had difficulties with sleep medications too. Even the ones that did work would't remain effective for long. I used to have a window of about 3 days when they would actually help me sleep, and then they would gradually make me less and less drowsy until they didn't work at all. Lunesta is the only one that has not followed that pattern and I don't take it as often as I probably should, because I am afraid that the day will come when they fail to work too.

Matt S.
11-23-07, 08:37 PM
Now hold on, brother....why is this a good approach for you and not for me? Isn't it you who perpetually busts on me for not getting proper rest? I DO NOT want to come in here one day, and wonder where you are, and spend the next month or three wondering if you are even alive! What goes up must eventually come down.
I am not manic, nor do I want that to happen, that statement was based on history so I used that as a "preferred approach", because history proves that.

I didn't realize you liked me that much. After what we've been through (my dark day there), it is surprising that you can even stand me.

Crazy~Feet
11-23-07, 09:19 PM
It isn't hard for me to apply my own experiences and behavior to yours. I am not a bad person because I have those moments, and I always feel bad about them, so why wouldn't the same apply to you? Altered states of mind during bipolar episodes are not accurate portrayals of who we really are.

It also wasn't hard for me to figure out that my MIL has issues, big ones, and is not ill in the brain chemical imbalance sense of things (think borderline). Knowing what I know, I never truly trust her better moments, and she is never sorry for anything. There is always a price she expects to be paid for them eventually, and she doesn't try to change or better herself.

You and I do try, and we have a lot more to deal with, IMO, than she does. Yet she makes excuses and keeps right on doing the same things.

I can't believe in her when she is nice because that isn't who she is. I can't base my opinion of you on days like that, because that isn't who you are. So I quite naturally like you for the other things, the ones that make you who you really are.

Matt S.
11-23-07, 09:21 PM
Thank you KZ, I appreciate that.

Matt S.
11-24-07, 01:05 AM
Fell asleep at around 9 p.m. and just woke up.

morethanadiagno
11-24-07, 01:20 AM
Major Insomic here....I'll go by the lonely ranger
Crazy~Feet- Wise Words.

Matt S.
11-24-07, 09:23 AM
I slept from 4 a.m. till 7 a.m. so I got some sleep in... This is going to be my personal pi page...

Matt S.
11-24-07, 06:15 PM
I slept a little more too :( There's always part of me that hopes secretly for a little mania. :( It is depressing

MissAdhd
11-24-07, 06:48 PM
i have had sleep issues for most of ym life but find it's worse when im anxious.

Is sometjhing going on in ur life that causes some disturbance?

Matt S.
11-24-07, 06:51 PM
I stopped a medication and I usually don't get a lot of sleep to begin with. I also have bipolar to compliment my hyperactive ADHD.

Crazy~Feet
11-24-07, 07:52 PM
I slept like a log the last two nights making up that sleep debt I had built up.

Matt S.
11-24-07, 07:54 PM
I slept good today at 1:00 pm after work, I work days make more money and it is easy.

Matt S.
11-25-07, 09:44 AM
I am glad that I fell out again last night even though that means I will most likely be up tonight posting on my little world of thread here.

Matt S.
11-25-07, 08:20 PM
It is still too early for me to post about insomnia as of yet but like I said this will be to me what pi is to SB UK.

Matt S.
11-27-07, 05:09 AM
Well it is 4 a.m. and I managed to wake up early after being asleep since 11 p.m.

UGH

Crazy~Feet
11-28-07, 04:23 AM
Back for more tonight/this morning, are we?

Meh :faint:

Matt S.
11-28-07, 04:35 AM
Looks like you are not sleeping well either, I slept from eleven until 3 a.m.

I guess I got at least four hours of sleep.

Sleepless on ADDF

Matt S.
11-28-07, 05:14 AM
There seems to be lot of bipolars online at this hour...

I could do a case study of ADDforums and the incidence of insomnia among the bipolarity in certain members.

Crazy~Feet
11-28-07, 06:00 AM
I think that would be an interesting study. Of course you'd need the cooperation of the study group, to determine who actually has insomnia, and who is manic...if they know, that is.

Matt S.
11-28-07, 06:01 AM
I would probably be in the manic group, most of the time.

Crazy~Feet
11-28-07, 06:04 AM
I have gradually become more of the insomniac, and less of the manic. Last year insomnia didn't even enter the picture.

Matt S.
11-28-07, 06:06 AM
Well I am not really manic maybe just a little but not too bad...

slightly hypomanic maybe

Crazy~Feet
11-28-07, 06:15 AM
I am totally baseline, just unable to settle down. It's a common pattern when the old man leaves for the road, and this time the cell-phones are out, so I am thinking maybe it will be worse due to lack of consistent contact.

Matt S.
11-28-07, 06:20 AM
That must be hard, I mean if you get touchy and sensitive sometimes like I do, I guess it can have advantages too, less time to fight more time to cherish together.

Crazy~Feet
11-28-07, 06:34 AM
Right. Sometimes it's very cool when it's a totally female household and we can do whatever we like to do. We can play Japanese music really loud while we do chores, and nobody complains. We don't have to listen to sports on the TV. When he comes back, we are always glad to see him, but it's also a jolt to have to suddenly compromise with him. Loud Japanese music gives him headaches :rolleyes: and sports are always on TV.

Matt S.
11-28-07, 06:39 AM
That would be an ideal relationship for me, I am someone who gets annoyed easily and the people I get in relationships with for whatever reason tend to be complainers and worse, borderlines. That is why I have been single, to do therapy long enough to change me so I no longer attract people like that.

Crazy~Feet
11-28-07, 07:05 AM
It works out well, although it presents a unique set of problems at the same time. Both of us tend to like to take control in certain ways and that can get pretty...loud? This way I can sit back while he's home and accept that as a break from constant responsibility.

One thing that's very difficult is the ADHD/Dyscalculia connection. Man, do I suck at finances. Worse, I am inclined to procrastinate because I don't like it, it's too damn hard. It's hard for him to try to keep up with finances from the opposite coast.

Matt S.
11-28-07, 07:09 AM
I can imagine that, my significant others usually handle finances as well, I tend to spend money on things I don't need.

It's funny because I was living with my ex-girlfriend and I was manic and she woke up complaining for a half an hour about there being no paper towels so I bought like 12 cases in the boxes and all and stacked them up in the house... I love some of my funnier manic moments.

Matt S.
11-28-07, 07:10 AM
She proceeded to complain worse then.

Crazy~Feet
11-28-07, 07:51 AM
Something like that would have me LMAO. :D I'd have to admit that a tirade about paper towels was ridiculous, when a simple "Would you please pick up some paper towels, we are out." would have sufficed. I can admit that I sometimes make a mountain out of a molehill.

Matt S.
11-28-07, 07:56 AM
I do that a lot too.

Matt S.
11-29-07, 05:53 AM
I am awake at 4 a.m. again and I did go to bed at 9 so I guess it isn't that bad

Matt S.
11-30-07, 05:31 AM
Fell asleep at nine woke up at three forty five, A little less insomnia... :D:D:D

TeLL
11-30-07, 05:35 AM
I cant sleep this week either, i've gotten 7 hours of sleep since sunday morning when i got up then...
:s

Matt S.
11-30-07, 05:39 AM
I think it is a royal pain in the behind sometimes.

TeLL
11-30-07, 05:47 AM
uggrrhhhh
I start a 5th 10 hour shift this week in 2 hours... havent slept a wink tonight

Matt S.
11-30-07, 05:50 AM
I am lucky in that sense, I manage finances for a homeless shelter and I get most of my work done within an hour, then I come to ADDF and spend the rest of the time here. Your insomnia sounds a lot like mine usually does.

TeLL
11-30-07, 06:12 AM
me?
bah i have a pdoc appt today too.... this will be SO much fun
lol
oh well, ill take some caffene, some ritalin, and some more caffene. and hope I dont pass out on the job

Matt S.
11-30-07, 06:17 AM
same here except that I take Dexedrine as opposed to Ritalin,

TeLL
11-30-07, 06:18 AM
im still @ 20 mg a day, it wears off within 2 hours... ill probably hey upped a little

Matt S.
11-30-07, 06:20 AM
I would 20 mg of Ritalin isn't a lot.

TeLL
11-30-07, 06:23 AM
is it proportionatly more expensive with higher dosages?

Matt S.
11-30-07, 06:27 AM
I think it depends on whether it is the generic version or not. I think 10 mg tabs and 20 mg tabs cost the same.

TeLL
11-30-07, 06:35 AM
ill find out soon lol

Matt S.
12-01-07, 12:45 AM
Well I hope it works out, I am an insomniac as well again tonight.

Matt S.
12-06-07, 12:04 AM
I once again open up my beautiful thread for those of us who are up and cannot sleep, it is the sleeplessness or just up a little too late or early thread.

My sleep is diminished, a cycle of sorts. Was barely able to get out of bed for a couple of days and suddenly I am unable to sleep.

4gotAgain
12-06-07, 01:01 AM
How often do you have that mspen?
I can never sleep it seems but I also have days where I cant seem to get up at all.

Matt S.
12-12-07, 11:42 PM
Keep my pathetic thread alive people becaue I cannot achieve slumber...

Crazy~Feet
12-13-07, 12:12 AM
I'd gladly be sleeping if SOME HELPFUL FAMILY MEMBER hadn't taken the baby last night :mad:.

Matt S.
12-13-07, 12:17 AM
I understand in a way, I have a few friends over sleeping soundly and I am still awake, by the way there might be a funny youtube video with me slamming into things, staggering etc. and I will PM the link if it becomes a youtubr video...LOL

Crazy~Feet
12-13-07, 12:31 AM
I'll look at it if ya do :cool:.

Matt S.
12-13-07, 12:33 AM
hey it isn't funny, I am trying to sneak his cell phone away and delete it, I might get it

Matt S.
12-13-07, 12:49 AM
I deleted it from the cell phone I am safe...LOL

Tiddlywinks
12-28-07, 08:37 AM
Since starting Vyvance I am having trouble sleeping. I fall asleep at normal time 10p, and wake up about 2:30a, and will be good until the next night. This is just weird for me because I have always been a sleeper. Typically require 9 hours a night, but can sleep up to 15 no problem. Mom said I have always been that way.:eek:

arkyle
12-28-07, 03:39 PM
I never had until Methylphedinate came into my life. I didn't take my concerta and yesterday I slept so nicely.... :D

Matt S.
12-28-07, 03:43 PM
My thread has resurrected

Matt S.
01-09-08, 10:00 PM
Well I am reviving my dead thread here to add that the last time I had any sleep was Sunday Night, ironically I havent eaten since then either. My brain is on this obsessive spiral of nothing but my personal problems, and I am starting to get Manic as well, my head won't stop so I took a few Klonipins tonight so I should be able to fall asleep here soon.

Matt S.
01-10-08, 12:13 PM
Just an update (like anyone actually reads this thread) sleeping was a "pipe dream" once again last night

Smartguy23
04-14-08, 01:55 AM
i found this forum when i searched insomnia, its 2:00 am now and i have to wake up at 6:30 for school i usually goto sleep anywhere from 3:00-4 or sometimes not at all, right not just thinkingggggggggggg like always