View Full Version : Need Lasgana recipe kinda, but not with lasagna noodles

MOMMYwithADHD
11-25-07, 08:26 PM
HEy. So I have been looking for recipe like goulash or lasagna that I can throw together and have it taste good. any hints? I like Beef, Ricotta, maybe cottage cheese, lots of cheeses, and tomatoes, onions, mushrooms. I tried to experiment the other day, but it didnt turn out like i wanted. It was kinda dry. So i thought id ask for some help!!! THANKS

FrazzleDazzle
11-25-07, 08:59 PM
You could probably throw all that stuff together with some elbow noodles, and a jar of spagetti sauce and be good!

crime_scene
11-25-07, 11:27 PM
Good one FrazzleDazzle...

My mom did a layered version using pre-made spaghetti sauce with egg noodles instead of lasagna noodles -- it was terrific. I think that general recipe is quite flexible in terms of the types of cheese/tomato sauce/pasta used. I'll bet you could substitute zucchini for the noodles too..

cs

Driver
11-26-07, 12:26 AM
I've found a creamy-tomato pasta bake sauce at my local supermarket. All I have to do is throw in a jar of it, plus milk, favourite pasta (I like spirals) & some beef/chicken (which ever you prefer). Bake it for 45mins, mixing once.

Provided you set enough reminders to get it out when you're done, it should be pretty ADD friendly. :)

QueensU_girl
11-26-07, 01:52 AM
Use frozen spinach, sliced mushrooms, some egg mixed in with the cheese/cottage cheese mixture as it keeps it from being too runny or watery. (When egg bakes, it gels things together.)

Also, you may want to use canned diced tomatoes and mix it in with your pasta sauce, if you find your sauce/pasta is to dry.

I make mine with very little hard cheese and no meat in it, to keep my dietary fat low, as animal fats are not 'good' fats.

Adding a tiny touch of _nutmeg_to Pasta Sauce gives it that SECRET taste ingredient that restaurants use.

Covering it when it is baking keeps the edges from drying out...

QueensU_girl
11-26-07, 01:55 AM
Some people also use the precooked noodles, which makes them less tough when done in the oven, should they not get boiled long enuf up front.

hannahsmom
04-27-08, 02:03 AM
I agree, make sure the noodles are precooked... I use rigatoni... and shredded zucchini will keep it moist too. throw all your stuff in (I used a bottled sauce too) and cover. Can't imagine it won't be good. :)

Gadgetgirl
05-01-08, 03:40 PM
EGGPLANT LASAGNA
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. pepperoni
2 medium eggplant
1 qt. spaghetti sauce
2 c. Cheddar cheese
2 c. Mozzarella
1 can mushrooms
Brown ground beef and pepperoni; drain. Add mushrooms and spaghetti sauce; simmer. Peel eggplant. Slice lengthwise 1/4 inch thick. Lay in 9x13 pan or cookie sheet in water. Broil 4 inches from heat, 15 minutes per side; drain water. In 9x13 pan first layer eggplant then add 1/2 hamburger mixture. Add 1/2 of cheese then the rest of the eggplant, hamburger mixture and last (on top) remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees. Bake until cheese is golden brown, approximately 45 minutes.

I'm being lazy and didn't feel like typing up my recipe, but feel free to adapt the fillings, the eggplant is a nice replacement for the noodles

stick444455
05-21-08, 01:27 PM
ok i did this for some fellow co-workers at the hotel i work at.

zitti pasta
grounded steak straps or ground beef
cream cheese
parm cheese
tomato sauce from scratch or tomato sauce from a can

first i cooked my meat half way by itself...drained all grease from pan and set aside..then i made my tomato sauce by adding a little olive oil and started sweating garlic, red peppers, onions and shallots, then deglazed with white wine...next added tomatoes..cooked them down and added salt and pepper to taste..then added a splash or two or marsala wine..cook 1 min and then add meat..then cook another five minutes. take a dish and place zitti shells down, sauce, then cream cheese and repeat until you fill up the dish..bake at 325 for 15 to 20 minutes. also wrap dish with plastic and then cover with foil. take out serve and sprinkle parm cheese on top. i have a pic of my end result in my profile.

curseandablessi
06-18-08, 08:03 AM
I used some ground sirloin, a jar of spaghetti sauce, refill the jar with water, 8oz of egg noodles uncooked, I mixed those together in the 13 X 9 dish, then topped with 12 oz cottage cheese and 8 oz of mozzarella, covered with foil and baked for an hour.

Lunacie
06-18-08, 11:15 AM
Brown some ground beef - add onions if you like. Drain the grease and stir in a jar of spagetti sauce.

Meanwhile cook a box of macaroni and cheese mix, add the cheese packet to the beef-sauce mixture. Drain the mac and stir it into the sauce.

Put half into a greased pan or dish. Add spinich and cottage cheese/egg and cover with the rest of the beef-mac-sauce. Top with a sprinkle of cheese if you like.

Cover and bake for about 30 minutes.

If I'm in a rush or it's too hot to use the oven, I just make this on the stovetop without the cottage cheese, egg and spinich, and serve with cottage cheese or salad on the side. It's like an Italian Goulash. YuMm!