View Full Version : Trileptal

SuperChan
11-30-07, 01:31 PM
Does anyone here take Trileptal? My son is ADHD and Autistic, and is currently on Vyvanse. He was also on Risperdal but had to many side affects. Now his doctor wants to change him to Trileptal with his Vyvanse and I'm not sure about the medicine. Any personal experiences?

DianeS
11-30-07, 05:47 PM
My husband takes Trileptal for his bipolar disorder. It works well for him, but of course everyone is different.

I've not personally heard of it being used instead of Risperdal for the issues that can accompany Autism, though. I guess just like any medication switch I'd ask the doctor why he thinks it would work better than the previous med (like, is it likely to produce better results, if so what results and what degree of "better, is it likely to produce fewer side effects, etc), what he expects to happen when the first med is stopped, how long he thinks it will take for the second med to kick in and if there is a procedure for titrating up to an optimal dose that may take a while, and what side effects to look out for. That sort of thing.

Good luck!