View Full Version : Lyrica for fibromyalgia anyone?

VisualImagery
12-01-07, 02:58 AM
Wondering if anyone has tried Lyrica for their Fibro yet. I am reading up on it-but do know that exercise and stretching work very well. There are days when the flares are bad though so researching. Just a bit wary after developing a severe SSRI allergy--but Cymbalta was working well.

VI

Matt S.
12-01-07, 06:17 AM
One of my friends has Fibromyalgia and she said she tried Lyrica and it didn't do much for her.

My impression of Lyrica is that it is a Neurontin analog, based on what I read about it.

VisualImagery
12-01-07, 03:30 PM
Yeah, neurotonin is generic-then they come up with a version that is brand name to regain their market share.......so, is the drug truly better for the patient or just the company's bottom line? How is that for sarcasm? I think I might try neurotnin, maybe. After my SSRI fiasco, I am afraid to try anything....just stay on xanax for anxiety and do my exercies. Thnk this flare is from the 4 months sick from the SSRI reaction.....I am soooooooo tired beyond normal. The pain is better though-maybe a 4 compared to the normal 8-10 on the 1-10 scale. Pain free again? ever? who knows? What would that be like?

Matt S.
12-01-07, 03:32 PM
that must be terrible to go through, I feel for you VisualImagery. I hope you don't have to suffer forever. You are a nice person on the site, nice people don't deserve to suffer

VisualImagery
12-01-07, 04:35 PM
Thank mspen. Most times I am nice, but then......ROFL..... I look like poodle. Things will work out, eventually. I hope--getting jaded after this last year of medical mayhem....it didn't have to be this way...i rant.

~Ødd~Scr~θθball
12-01-07, 06:30 PM
My mother tried Lyrica for her Neuropathy and it didn't live up to her expectations. She's on Neurotin and is doing some better with it, however it makes her sleepy enough to need a nap.
I've never tried either medication for my fibro flare~ups as both medicines cause sleepiness {I can't tolerate medications that make me sleepy! I'd sleep my life away! }LOL!!!! :eek: :faint: Here's a real paradox: When I have a Fibro flare~up, all I want to is Z~z~z~z~Z~z~z~z~Z~z!!!! etc. and I usually feel so~o~o~o flu~like yucky and achey, Exercise is the last thing I wanna' do! No marathons for me! :faint:

And for the record, Visual Imagery, and mspen1018 You guys among many other members are Very Nice and Special. :D :D :D :D :D :D No worry about lookin' like a poodle, Visual Imagery as long as you don't start barking and beggin' for doggie treats, all will be okay!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
{Jis' Kiddin'!} Hope ya' git better soon, Hon. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Matt S.
12-01-07, 06:56 PM
thank you I knew someone liked the poodle...

VisualImagery
12-02-07, 12:33 AM
Oh, I like the poodle picture....... now be calm and submissive. Thanks you two.. I might try the neurotonin-at night only....With there was a way to reverse life to figure out what triggered the fibro.....