View Full Version : Hugs

bandie08
12-03-07, 09:43 AM
I HATE HUGS. I know ppl are just trying to be nice but i can't stand giving or getting hugs. I feel like people are violating my space. when people give me a hug i usually squirm to get out. is anyone else like this?

~boots~
12-03-07, 10:16 AM
usually yes..but on the rare occasion, I enjoy a good hug..

usually when I see someone I have missed ..and we see each other for the first time in ages....

maori_boy
12-03-07, 10:17 AM
hugging is just part of my culture lol just like kissing with our noses haha...

~boots~
12-03-07, 10:19 AM
hugging is just part of my culture lol just like kissing with our noses haha...LOL :)
cute :D is it good to have a BIG nose?

MonkeyGirl
12-03-07, 10:24 AM
I never liked hugs much either, but I think it's a nice gesture. It kind of even out.

maori_boy
12-03-07, 10:25 AM
yeah it is, when u do the hongi (nose kiss) the ha (breath of life) is shared from one person to the other, this has come directly from the gods. after doing the hongi u are no longer a stranger but a friend, and it means u are one of us, so u are expected to do the house duties and responsibilites as everyone else is doing..it is a sacred act...
the bigger the nose the more ha u get i guess...we all have big noses lol...

~boots~
12-03-07, 10:29 AM
:-) cool..I shall be forever thankful of my big nose from now :-)

bandie08
12-05-07, 08:23 AM
I feel bad though because I seem to hurt peoples feelings when I dont give them hugs. I <3 my family but i just don't like giving hugs. Am I making any sence?

~boots~
12-05-07, 08:37 AM
I feel bad though because I seem to hurt peoples feelings when I dont give them hugs. I <3 my family but i just don't like giving hugs. Am I making any sence?yep..totally ..I don't hug my parents..( have hugged them once maybe in 25 years) but when I see my friends I haven't seen for ages...yummooo..big bear hugs..
I think it depends on the relationship you have with those who expect a hug :eek:

bandie08
12-05-07, 09:00 AM
its annoying too because when im hyperfocusing on something and someone hugs me I get angry and sometimes I push them away. My autistic cousin is the same way. Autism and ADHD must be related because there are some behaviors that are the same.

Guest1
12-06-07, 05:12 PM
hugs can be over whelming sometimes

Irish Mermaid
12-13-07, 07:29 PM
I've never been a touchy-feely type ... my little sister used to launch herself at me for a hug and I'd instinctively flinch away, then feel bad. My whole family are big huggers, though, so I've gotten used to it, especially since my sisters started having kids, because I do love hugging on those babies! : ) But when I see my biological father and his wife I have to remind myself to hug them because I don't really want to.

My friends all seem to be huggers too, so for me there's no getting away from it. I guess I should be grateful people want to hug me when I know I'm kind of prickly and stand-offish in the affection department!