View Full Version : Feeling shut down

Spongedaddy
12-06-07, 02:11 PM
This morning we got a call from my son's school. His ADHD acting out has been getting worse. In a flash I became completely overwhelmed by everything that is going on. Needing to find a new job, having my dad stay with us a few months, my son's problems, BP. I just shut down into a -2 on the ol depression scale. This is the first I have gotten out of bed and will be heading back there shortl. Just feel like cr@p and wanted to share. Thanks for reading.

Matt S.
12-06-07, 03:42 PM
I hope you feel better soon.

MonkeyGirl
12-06-07, 04:55 PM
This morning we got a call from my son's school. His ADHD acting out has been getting worse. In a flash I became completely overwhelmed by everything that is going on. Needing to find a new job, having my dad stay with us a few months, my son's problems, BP. I just shut down into a -2 on the ol depression scale. This is the first I have gotten out of bed and will be heading back there shortl. Just feel like cr@p and wanted to share. Thanks for reading.Hey, don't let the feeling of overpowering consume you! Stop the thought. Split the problems up, separate them, don't make it one big bag of problems. It will crush you. I always "run" when I feel overwhelmed. Never get to bed no matter how grey everything is! Don't even think the thought that it is overwhelming, and beat it down as soon as it approaches. It sounds stupid, but there's alot of power in the mind.

Take a deep breath, and let them go. Let the problems, that are not actually about you as a person, float by. They are there, but they aren't life or death. It's easy to feel that way. Job hunting is a tiresome load of work. Atleast try, to split it up, and then you do one thing at a time. Small "dosages", not more than you feel you can master. Atleast you are started on it. BP, I don't have it. But I have adhd. I have a lot of anger at what that means for me and my life. Again, try to let go of negative and bad thoughts. They can be profound, but no matter how true and real they may be, they are nothing but destructive to your person. A torn down person will never lead a good life. And a good life is easier to live. No point in letting that dream one step further away, is there? Remember that, in current time and for later.

Last but not least, I hope you feel better soon! That your problems goes away. Keep the spirit up! Depression is not something you want to fall into.

Spongedaddy
12-06-07, 05:06 PM
BP is quite a different experience.

I can't help myself, my ego has won and I have to add this..there is no way to stop the thought the more you fight something the bigger it grows. If you hit something with a big no it will come back even stronger. If one can allow something to be, recognize it for what it is, it loses its power. I have BP II and have swung low. There isn't much I can do but ride it out. I can help with some of the short term pain by being very present, but the chemical imbalance can sometimes over-rule everything else. Now is one of those times.

Thank you for your kind words though.

Matt S.
12-06-07, 07:29 PM
have you ever been on Klonipin spongedaddy? I think that med would help you a lot.

Spongedaddy
12-06-07, 07:40 PM
Is it addictive? I have to try and avoid addictive substances as my family has a history with that.

Matt S.
12-06-07, 07:42 PM
Oh, well it has that tendency, but taken the right way it works well.