View Full Version : What PDA should I get?

shcb07
12-11-07, 10:06 PM
I need a PDA..its inevitable. The paper organizer is worhtless. Cause i never refer to it. Although I am wondering if typing instead of writing will help my memory as writing seems to be what I need to remeber things. So...I want to get a PDA and want to be able to:
type on a keyboard
use MS outlook
internet would be grea but do i have to pay for the service???
dload add planner and other such softawres.

Help!

Silicone
12-11-07, 10:43 PM
I had an electronic scheduler a few years back, it was great at first. Loaded up a bunch of apps and used it all the time. But after a while it turned into an expensive paperweight. Just like the paper dayplanners, as soon as the "newness" wore off, I stopped paying attention to it.

shcb07
12-11-07, 11:03 PM
i am afraid of that also. But then what?

BethSC
12-13-07, 12:43 AM
My PDA is not a paperweight. I used an old Palm for a number of years just for the calendar and contacts. It made those scraps of papers that filled my purse disappear. Now I have a HP iPAQ 2795b. It syncs with Outlook so it keeps my schedule. I downloaded all my music to it and a card so I have my music everywhere. I read books. or listen to audio books and podcasts. I carry pictures and I surf the net. Some wireless is free some you pay for depends on the area. That's not something I do alot of. Thing is worth its weight in gold just keeping my schedules straight and I have learned to take the 5 minutes in the doctor's office or hairdresser or wherever and put the next appointment right in right then. otherwise what's the point. In the Notes feature of my PDA you can write notes directly which is how I take notes during a meeting so if you need to write some have that feature. Sorry that I' m rambling but I worked late and its later

arkyle
12-13-07, 02:25 AM
I can only tell you (if you have ADD) get one without internet service. You'll just procastinate.

shcb07
12-21-07, 01:22 AM
your are SO right but...

amazingplace
12-21-07, 05:27 PM
I've gone back and forth between Windows Mobile devices and Blackberry. I am back on Blackberry now. If you only use it for data (no phone calls) it costs $40 per month with a two year contract.

For me the key thing is that it has to be simple. I have tried a number of other solutions but if they required me to enter appointments and tasks in multiple places, things started slipping through the cracks.

With Blackberry I can enter my appointments in Outlook or on my Blackberry and they syncronize with each other automatically. I also have all of my contacts syncronized.