View Full Version : What Are the Symptoms of Bi-Polar Type 2?

PraizeHim
12-17-07, 11:31 AM
If anyone has been diagnosed with Bi-Polar TYPE 2 can you please explain your symptoms? My doctor feels I have Bi-Polar type 2, but isn't sure if I have ADD - with everything I have read, I feel I have ADD, inattentive type, possibly BP type 2. I can't work because I feel confused a lot of the time, it's hard to grasp concepts and directions, and I have bad mood swings( from slight depression to being easily aggrivated). I can't be around a lot of stimuli, I need quite. I go crazy if I hear different things going on at once(such as 2 tvs on dif. channels or 2 dif. conversations and I can hear both). I can concentrate if there is something else going on. I wanted to go to college, so I chose to go online because of the varies issues I have. It is a challenge, but I need to do this. I love to learn. My major is Sociology. I also jump from topic to topic in conversations and when I write - does anyone else have that problem? Also when I'm thinking about something - a little memory of something will pop into my head- something that has nothing to do with anything. If anyone can shed some light on this I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Spongedaddy
12-17-07, 01:30 PM
The biggest difference is in the mood swings. If you are BP you will have both the manic and the depressive moods. The biggest difference betwee BP I and II seems to be the extremes. BP I manic is more intense then BP II and may include being dillusional, etc.