View Full Version : Does anybody have more than one Learning Disability?

ah09087
12-19-07, 03:08 AM
...more than one LD?
...trouble "coming out" to teachers?

I kinda wanted to create a ranting thread for us...so here goes!

Tiddlywinks
12-19-07, 11:27 PM
LD in reading and math.

meadd823
12-20-07, 08:18 AM
I have more than one kind of reading disbaility - but I do not "do" teachers any more.

ah09087
12-31-07, 12:06 AM
My History and English Teachers always think I don't try cuz my comments in class are "brilliant" but my writing suffers. I don't know how they can be brilliant when I never read the assignment. I have enough stress without torturing myself. It would be so much easier if I could just come clean maybe they would stop riding me but I can't bring myself to do it. I don't want to be thought of as "the dyslexic" or the "poor thing".

Tiddlywinks
12-31-07, 08:14 PM
Now that I am a teacher, and am dyslexic, I am teaching my student's how to appoach those horrid teachers, so the teachers don't look down upon them. I teach them to use "I" statements, and how to word questions to show that the student is interested in learning the content, but to get the help needed, and not look like the student is trying to pull the "I'm LD, so I can't do it" card.

I have been there, I know how teachers just look at you like you are lazy. In undergrad, I had a math teacher tell me she didn't believe in Math LD's, it was just an excuse to be lazy. The next semester I was taking a sewing class, which I excelled in. The math teacher was taking it for fun. We had the same pattern, and she had screwed it up something terrible. She asked me for help. I told her she was just lazy!!!

ah09087
01-01-08, 03:17 AM
We had the same pattern, and she had screwed it up something terrible. She asked me for help. I told her she was just lazy!!!

You can say that?!:eek:

casper
01-05-08, 06:56 PM
I have LD in math, reading, english, spelling...the list goes on. I have always had a very difficult time talking about it with anyone much less teachers. I would rather discuss my ADD them my LD's just because of the stigmatism associated with them

ah09087
01-05-08, 07:29 PM
I would rather discuss my ADD them my LD's just because of the stigmatism associated with them

I agree.

bandie08
01-15-08, 09:49 AM
Im dyscalcic and i have CAPD

playhero
06-28-08, 11:45 AM
Teachers pre-4 year college are all ****ty. At least in my experience. Even community college teachers are *** holes.

lostranslation
06-28-08, 12:19 PM
I haven't been formally diagnosed with any learning disabilities, but It's obvious that I have discalculia. I suspect I may have some form of dyslexia as well. I am very good at reading things that are in paragraph form, but lists and charts make my head spin. I can't make sense of a table of contents or an index without using a straight edge of some kind, and my working memory, well, doesn't work. I am looking into getting tested...but not having much luck.

dormammau2008
02-05-09, 03:12 PM
i have pdst discalculia dysilxa i do think i have addhd anstychy disorder disbraliaxa ocd/with bit aspugers theses manin thingsss i have witch are a pain when they trigered more ,,,,most there all the time some not so much soooo dorm

Crazygirl79
09-21-09, 07:06 PM
I have learning issues in

1: Mathematics
2: Mild Expressive Language issues (verbal)
3: Eye hand coordination issues
4: Lack of spatial awareness

Selena

iggypop
09-21-09, 07:14 PM
Learning-disabled now that's a joke, I remember when I graduated high school and a good Franciscan brother took me in the office just before graduation and told me son after all the schooling you been through you barely have a fourth grade education. So you can look forward to sweep floors mopped the floors of taking out trash cans.

Learning disabled that's my middle name dyslexia, do you think I type this stuff hell no I use a dictation machine I can't type because if I were to try to type this it would take me hours. That's how screwed up I am

ADHDKylee
09-30-09, 03:46 PM
Two different learning disabilities. I swear sometimes it makes you feel like what is it that you really ARE good at accademically?

sarey
10-11-09, 05:10 PM
i have receptive language problems and other difficulties that make learning an issue for me but the rl problems are the one i was written about in my special needs school. suspect expressive language problems are present too.

casper
02-17-10, 10:41 PM
LD in math and reading

chips
02-17-10, 11:15 PM
NVLD, phonetic dsylexia, communication disorder