View Full Version : White paper

ah09087
12-20-07, 09:32 PM
Is it hard for others to read against a white background or a different color? what is your color of preference? Also does anyone read better with a different type style?

Tiddlywinks
12-21-07, 02:13 AM
I prefer light yellow, but light blue also works. The white paper causes strain on my eyes, and I also see all the spaces the "rivers" that form in a paragraph.

ah09087
12-31-07, 12:04 AM
Yeah. White Paper has like a glare on it. I squint really hard then i get a headache from prolonged squinting and I can see the "rivers" also. My best color so far I think is lavender which sucks cuz I like blue. lol. but You can't win 'em all.

livinginchaos
12-31-07, 12:33 AM
a good trick w/ white paper - find lavender, rose or light blue transparency. it will cut the glare and enable you to read better. plus, you can use it on any paper that you have a hard time reading.

http://members.aol.com/ddyslexia/color.html

ah09087
12-31-07, 12:35 AM
where would one go about finding those?

Tiddlywinks
12-31-07, 08:04 PM
I get those transparent colored plastic folder pockets you put in a binder, then cut the pocket part off. I'm not sure if I described them right or not. I usually find them laying around at school where students discard them or leave them in their locker at the end of the school year.

livinginchaos
01-01-08, 10:40 PM
What Tiddlywinks said works (that's what I did). I found some that didn't have pockets. They're the tab divider pages you use to separate

. . also check with your local office max or Staples. .

Tiddlywinks
01-03-08, 10:39 PM
I just notices the second part of your question. Go figure, I only read half the post.:)

Anyway, I found that I have an easier time reading fonts this this, as apposed to fonts like this.

The difference between these two fonts is called serif and san serif. The serif fonts have the little extra stoke or lines on the tops and bottoms of the letters, where as san serif fonts do not.

The reason serif fonts are easier to read is because when one is reading the brain only scans the top right protion of letters and words. The extra strokes aid in letter recognition.

ah09087
01-05-08, 07:40 PM
I just notices the second part of your question. Go figure, I only read half the post.:)

Anyway, I found that I have an easier time reading fonts this this, as apposed to fonts like this.

The difference between these two fonts is called serif and san serif. The serif fonts have the little extra stoke or lines on the tops and bottoms of the letters, where as san serif fonts do not.

The reason serif fonts are easier to read is because when one is reading the brain only scans the top right protion of letters and words. The extra strokes aid in letter recognition.

I like fonts that have the little extra strokes like Times New Roman but I like fonts that space out the individual letters more but not the words. What I mean is for the letters to be bigger in the same space but for the space in between the letters to remain the same. N o t L i k e T h i s

auntchris
01-06-08, 01:51 AM
That is a good idea. I have a hard time with white paper.

I like pastel yellow green and blue, rose too.