View Full Version : Do you know anything about the General Learning Impairment(GLI)

lelahaha
12-22-07, 05:08 PM
I was diagnoised with a GLI as well. I was wondering if anyone else has it as well. I asked many doctors and people who worked with disablilities. They couldn't tell me anything. When I went back to school I finally got some answers. My question is if you have this what do you know about it? Where do you find information on it? How do you cope with it?:confused:

ah09087
01-05-08, 07:54 PM
I have something similar: Learning Disability Not Otherwise Specified. Since both of our diagnosis' are kind of ambiguous I would suggest looking up all of the known learning disabilities and figure out which symptoms from each you have and how the experts/people with that disorder suggest on how to deal with it.

Sorry. Lemme try to clean that up. Find sites that deal with specific LDs and see what they say about them.

We will have a harder time finding solutions and information because there is no one site that targets us but we can be just as proactive.:D

Tiddlywinks
01-09-08, 05:06 PM
Education has lent to the loss of generalzation. The education system now requires that the LD be specified. Which leads me to another soap box. When you have generalized LD's it affects all areas in education.

ah09087
01-09-08, 08:36 PM
For me it does:(

auntchris
01-10-08, 01:27 PM
a good place to start looking click here. (http://www.ldpride.net/ldexplained.htm)