View Full Version : Methylin, Nortriplene, and Concerta

Wexder5
01-01-08, 10:27 AM
I take Methylin, Nortiplene for ADD and Concerta for a fast pulse.

I am planning to see my doctor in a few days and would like to know what other generic medication I can take for my add, because though I the Methylin does help me concentrate, I still get depressed and I would like to feel normal for once in my life.

lars
01-01-08, 03:11 PM
Methylin and Concerta both contain methylphenidate as an active ingredient.

Your Dr prescribed Concerta for a fast pulse? I would love to learn more about why your Dr chose that.

Do you experience a paradoxical reaction to methylphenidate?

Wexder5
01-02-08, 02:28 AM
lars,

No sorry, I take Cartia XT ER CAP 240MG for my pulse.

(I guess I stayed up a little too late last night)

lars
01-02-08, 02:32 AM
I understand. I know how it feels to miss out on sleep from new years. :o

I'm just glad to hear you're Dr didn't actually choose Concerta for rapid heart beat. :)

Peace, Lars

Wexder5
01-04-08, 02:34 AM
Lars,

Did some digging around on Methyline and found that it can cause hallucinations.

Do you know if this is possible?

lars
01-04-08, 02:28 PM
Yes, I believe it's possible, but I've never heard of it happening to anyone.

I would love to read more about what you were able to dig up, and I suspect others would too.

Could you send me some information on what you found, or post a link?

Wexder5
01-06-08, 11:09 PM
Sure...

Methylin (methylphenidate) side effects

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Stop taking methylphenidate and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeats;
feeling light-headed, fainting;
increased blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, trouble concentrating, chest pain, numbness, seizure);
fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
aggression, restlessness, hallucinations, unusual behavior, or motor tics (muscle twitches); or
easy bruising, purple spots on your skin.http://www.drugs.com/mtm/methylin.html