View Full Version : why would parents put there kids in a private school

Guest1
01-03-08, 06:35 PM
with no classes for learning disability's knowing there child has adhd and post alcohol syndrome how can parents be like that and act like there son has no problems and need help in some areas then call him dumb and airhead etc and make him feel like poop in front of people my boyfriend got expelled for fighting in school and i bet he was trying to leave school cause he doesn't understand it the classes so he has no ged or high school special diploma

DeloresMelon
01-03-08, 08:57 PM
I know you mean well, but knowing he's a member of this message board as well, I don't think you should be spilling so many of his beans here.

I'm just putting myself in his shoes, and if my significant other were pouring out as much info as you have been lately, I'd be royally ticked. That's just me.

My best advice to you is to talk TO HIM. Even if you have to email him. I think you'll have much better success working on the things you've brought up to us, if you bring them up to him instead.

livinginchaos
01-03-08, 10:16 PM
many many private schools have programs for people with LD and other disorders, at least in Minnesota. I work with kids with disabilities and more often than not, we recommend going to a private school because they're more accomodating than public schools.

I know you mean well, but knowing he's a member of this message board as well, I don't think you should be spilling so many of his beans here.

I'm just putting myself in his shoes, and if my significant other were pouring out as much info as you have been lately, I'd be royally ticked. That's just me.

I agree with Delores - -I'm sure it's not good for your relationship with your boyfriend to talk about him on the open forums. These are things you need to talk with HIM about.

Guest1
01-04-08, 01:25 AM
he knows i talk about him here i told him and pace the school he went is not for us is for regular kidsmany many private schools have programs for people with LD and other disorders, at least in Minnesota. I work with kids with disabilities and more often than not, we recommend going to a private school because they're more accomodating than public schools.

I agree with Delores - -I'm sure it's not good for your relationship with your boyfriend to talk about him on the open forums. These are things you need to talk with HIM about.

livinginchaos
01-05-08, 01:51 AM
pace the school he went is not for us is for regular kids

what do you mean by this? "is not for us is for regular kids"

Guest1
01-05-08, 02:01 AM
what do you mean by this? "is not for us is for regular kids"
meaning our learning disability's compare to regular minds

livinginchaos
01-05-08, 02:04 AM
not all of us have learning disabilities, marytza.

Guest1
01-05-08, 02:05 AM
not all of us have learning disabilities, marytza.
my bad most of us do