View Full Version : Learning more about Metadate

Margie
01-03-08, 08:46 PM
I am hoping that someone will be able to help me out .If you are taking this Medicen ( Metadate 30 mg) and take it only durning the time of school ,and then not take it durning the weekends ,What can this do to you ,and are there hi and lows ?How safe can this be ?
And how often do you need to go for blood work ,and any follow up visits to the doctor ? :confused:I have found this site very helpful .

Annadara
02-05-08, 07:18 PM
Everything that I've read is that you should take Metadate consistantly and not stop. When, and if you do stop, you should taper down. I'd be afraid of the rebound.

Margie
03-09-08, 03:39 PM
What would be the rebounds if stoping and then starting .The parents have decided when to give it and not to .They feel that giving there son a break on the weekend is a good thing .But what is it really doing to this poor boy .I just really want to help but first need to get my facts .thanks

JR1973
03-10-08, 09:59 AM
It is perfectly safe and OK to do that. Some people take their meds 7 days a week, some only during the work/school week and take weekends off. Depends on the situation and what works best. Sometimes I take my meds 7 days a week, sometimes not.

J