View Full Version : Cupboards

EYEFORGOT
01-04-08, 12:15 AM
I just spent a half hour at least scrubbing off drips and crapola off my cupboards. *blech*

Perhaps I should be wiping them down a bit more often? I usually just have a spill and mop that up. But once you start to scrub at something you notice the next cupboard, then the one next to that, and the one next to that...then (since I'm in a hyperfocusing mood) I just have to clean all of them.

You? Or maybe your mother? Wipe them down once a week? Wipe/scrub when the kitchen floor gets mopped? Ritual scrubbing once a month or so? Or just wait until you notice they're gross and deal (or not) with them then.

Matt S.
01-04-08, 12:25 AM
I do it once a week because its part of my routine but if I switch my routine up it could get neglected

NonSequitur
01-04-08, 12:31 AM
I usually wait until they're gross and really bother me. The same way I deal with most cleaning. I keep telling myself I'll do it regularly - every year whether they need it or not.

They probably need it now, but it's not bothering me much.

Michiko74
01-04-08, 01:13 AM
Honestly, I never noticed my cupboards looking that dingy before. Hmm.. maybe I should have a look.

blueyeyore
01-04-08, 01:17 AM
Only when she has company coming over....I don't think the baseboards have ever been cleaned in this house....*shrugs*

Tara
01-04-08, 01:52 AM
Wipe them? I thought this was going to be a survey about if we close them...lol. Wow, I really need to hire somebody to come in and clean. It's sad that I don't even realize that I'm supposed to do things like wipe cabinets...

gogogo
01-05-08, 09:29 PM
^^^ Hee hee hee. I thought this was going to be a survey about how much stuff falls out when you open your cupboards!

Since I started treatment the cupboards are wiped down once but usually twice a week. Should I mention both inside and out? I also polished my pewter knobs. Did you know really clean knobs are smooth and feel absolutely fabulous?

However, I have noticed, I guess in contrast to my sparkling cupbboards, my kitchen walls need a serious scrub with TSP :( That'll have to wait a few weeks, until after I organize my spices :)

auntchris
01-06-08, 06:19 PM
Wow, my cabinets are metal, actually 1950 pink. Yeah... how cool is that. No stickies, use magnets. I wipe mine every day because they show the dirt and you can see the streaks.

I am still tacalling my appt. I got a Dyson vaccumm for Christmas so I am big on vaccumming now.

lunaslobo
01-14-08, 08:28 AM
problem is that "only when their gross..." applies to to much of mine when it comes to cleaning. For example I with my refrige, I know its time to clean that when I open the door and see the bacon grazing on the lettus.:eek: