View Full Version : Borderline

Desperate1
01-05-08, 03:24 PM
My brother in law has Borderline Personality Disorder, and I was just reading about Britney Spears's recent "episode" and how they think she may have BPD, although it's recently been reported that she's bipolar.

I wonder if this would be a good thing for getting more info out there about BPD. I mean, so far the only depiction of it is of Glen Close's ultra evil character from Fatal Attraction. I think, as sad as it is, Hollywood is sometimes plays a huge role in getting information about things to a large majority of the population, and to date most people know nothing about BPD or think everyone with BPD is like the Fatal Attraction character.

My brother in law is very troubled, but I've been trying to understand it more and I've been reading Stop Walking on Eggshells and trying to do more research. I just wonder if it comes out that a star as big as Britney has this, will it be a good thing or a bad thing in helping to raise awareness and public perception of what BPD really is. Just a thought.