View Full Version : Desoxyn available in Australia?

YamR1
01-06-08, 12:00 AM
From what I read it seems like a good medication but hard to come by.
Does anyone knows if its available in Oz?

Matt S.
01-06-08, 12:02 AM
Try google, I don't know.

YamR1
01-06-08, 12:04 AM
I have.. but havnt really found anything that would suggest it is available.

Matt S.
01-06-08, 12:06 AM
Ask the doctor, maybe he would know.

YamR1
01-06-08, 12:08 AM
I would but my appointment is not due for several more months :(
Perhaps it is market under a different name in Australia?.

lars
01-06-08, 02:06 AM
Unfortunately it's only available in the USA and Chile. :(

Fuse
02-29-08, 07:05 AM
Desoxyn is dextro-methamphetamine. Whilst you can't find it in Australia (and probably never will due to a massive government crackdown on ice), you can easily get hold of dextro-amphetamine.

Dextro-amphetamine is a stronger reuptake inhibitor and a lesser neurotransmitter releasing agent than methamphetamine.

They basically do the same thing, and the only upside to meth is potentially less side-effects, so go for amphetamine and see how you go.

It's about 10 times better than Ritalin, IMHO.

ozchris
02-29-08, 07:16 AM
I can confirm what Fuse said. Not available in Australia now or in the immediate future my psychiatrist told me. I personally think we should have access to any drug that might be able to improve our mental/physical health (with a prescription from the doctor of course)

It would probably be quite useful for people who have found Ritalin or Dexamphetamine not helpful.

One good thing about Australia is doctors prescribe dexamphetamine before Ritalin most the time because it's generally more effective. By the sounds of things some Doctors in America have problems prescribing a drug that's commonly known as xxx-amphetamine. They'd rather write scripts for Adderall even though it's basically the same thing :P (this is just information I picked up from these forums so I'm sure not ALL doctors in the USA are like this)

photek
06-23-08, 11:46 PM
I check PBS website for medications in Australia.

It appears it is not available on the PBS website i typed in methamphetamine and only dexamphetamine and methylphenidate comes up.