View Full Version : Y'all were right

Spongedaddy
01-06-08, 10:42 AM
The situation with my father is breaking me down. He has been like a bull in a china shop, not giving a damn what he breaks. Right now he is in the hospital because his kidney's failed due to infection. He has been causing us non-stop grief and yesterday said he will not stay more than a few more days and then check himself out. I told him we can't take care of him if he does that...PERIOD! He has no real intentions of working and getting out or talking to a pdoc about his own disability...he wont even admit he has one. I am thinking of talking to the social worker on monday and letting her know we don't know if we can take him in. There has to be some other option for him.

Thanks for listening. This is really getting to me and I am starting to break.

Matt S.
01-06-08, 10:48 AM
I had hoped that at some point that you'd take care of yourself. If you remember I wasn't judgemental my concern was that you took care of yourself and stayed stable and put yourself first because of your mental illness.

Keep us posted dude, we worry.

Crazy~Feet
01-06-08, 02:53 PM
The social worker is an excellent idea, man. There is nothing wrong with admitting he's too much to handle!

Keep us posted.

justhope
01-06-08, 06:30 PM
Sorry to hear things are not going well. I so hoped things would not be too much. I know how hard it is to want to help your parents and it just be so very overwhelming... But you have to do what is best for you, your health, your wife and children.

Don't feel guilty and we are not here to tell you we told you so, only to let you know we support whatever decision you make and to be here to support you. I hope things go well with the social worker and it's all goes as smoothly as possible for you.

Take care Sponge.

(((( Hugs ))))