View Full Version : Smells

lostranslation
01-13-08, 09:01 PM
Last Thursday my boss brougt an "air freshener" to work. To me, it smells like flowers, poop, and rotting meat.:eek: It gives me a headache. Everyone else at work raves at how wonderful it smells. I have the same reaction to a lot of purfumes. My complaints were met with eye rolling and laughter. Anyone else go through this? How did you handle it? Eventually, I plan on finding a different job, mostly due to other issues, but I need to stick it out for awhile.

Mincan
01-13-08, 09:11 PM
I hate perfumes too, I prefer the smell of a clean person i.e. no nasty smells good to me. I don't wear cologne, and air fresheners annoy me, unless I'm using one to my advantage...

Crazy~Feet
01-14-08, 05:53 PM
To me, it smells like flowers, poop, and rotting meat
Super-sniffer story from last year, reposted for everybody's amusement/empathy (depending upon individual super-sensitivities).

DH provided me and the older 2 kids here with dinner and a movie, quite a nice idea....UNTIL!!

~-~insert comedic music of doom~-~

The Mystery Stench!!
:faint:

Dinner at restaurant, sit in booth and so it begins...

Me: Do you smell that? (sniffs)
Her: Yes (sniffs) do you know what it is?
Me: Do you two smell that?

Other two: Smell what? :confused:

Her: Momma this is so nasty....(sniff sniff)
Me: Yes it is, it's like burning detergent? (sniff sniff) OK definitely something burning or burnt!
Her: Wait...(sniff) burning trash!
Me: Yes but something else too...(sniff)
Her: Got it! Burning trash and wet dog!

We got the food put into take-away boxes and went on to the theater and it took both of us about 1/2 an hour into the movie to settle our stomachs. We passed on the popcorn because we were so nauseated.

Atypical antipsychotics at tiny doses do a good job on sensory overload. In the case of a STENCH, in an emergency, try sucking a very strong lozenge (like Hall's here in the USA) to overload the sense of taste, and get the focus off the sense of smell.

And learn to live with the overwhelming stenches of life. I mean PEOPLE all by themselves really stink, IMHO.

Mincan
01-14-08, 06:22 PM
If I'm forced to take anti-psychotics I'll try to find a way to end myself.

(I know they are extremely helpful to some)

Crazy~Feet
01-14-08, 06:53 PM
For some people with extreme sensory issues, an ATYPICAL antipsychotic can be a blessing. Overloads can wreak havoc and distort anything remotely like a "normal life".

dormammau2008
01-15-08, 10:13 PM
i can semell only 5/6 things and i smell other things but i hve no words for them plus when i smell something at them times no one eles dose????????

worct smell in the world to me is fresh menit I HATE THE SMELL COS ITS ALL I CAN SMELL AT THAT TIME LIKE ALL THE OTHER 5SMELLS ITS JUST THEM AT THAT TIME AND OVER LORD IS WELL TOMUCH

DORM