View Full Version : Worth dragging sorry butt out of bed?

Leah
01-19-08, 03:35 PM
If you've managed to keep up an exercise routine for a while -- could you please share if you prefer doing it in the morning or at night?

I guess it matters less when you do it than that you do it, but aside from the obvious positive impact on overall health, I want to hear about timing. I hear exercising in the morning sort of "sets up" the day -- motivating, energizing you.. but my mornings are generally occupied by sleep, so I couldn't say one way or another. :rolleyes:

But I'd want to give it a(nother) try. Would help if anyone had any opinion on this.

sportbikechic
02-02-08, 10:38 AM
With my many years of experience in the excercise field (weight trainer and aerobic instructing); it is up to the individual.

Some say working out in the morning is better; some say as long as you get some sort of exercise in during the day.

I prefer to exercise in the a.m. around 9:00 ish after my son has gone to school. I do about 60 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training 3-5 days a week.

I also like to catch a kickboxing class in the evening when possible. Doing exercise in the morning sets me up to have a great day energy/emotional wise and I tend to eat cleaner.

In all honesty it is a lifestyle change and mind set. Once you get set into a routine and are enjoying your workouts it will come automatically. Do you have any friends you could buddie up with? That helps if you have someone to check in with and motivate one another. Or hire a trainer 2x a week if $ permits.

Good Luck! At first try to establish a workout routine and then go from there. If you are tired in the a.m. and tend to sleep in, then maybe mid day or evening would be better for your lifestyle.

Everyone is different!! I don't think there is any right or wrong way as long as you get your exercise in.:)