View Full Version : Does Anyone Else Feel Like A Weirdo?

ah09087
01-22-08, 03:27 AM
Year after year I learn more and more about what is wrong with me and I find out why it is I do the things that I do but it is hard for me to imagine someone being less challenged by life. Like, it's hard for me to imagine someone not struggling with every aspect of living. It's like needing glasses (one thing I don't have). You just figure everyone else sees like that until you get glasses. Only thing is with everything I have it's not as easy to fix and nor are the coping methods reliable. I guess I'm just ranting. Here's why I think I'm a freak:

ADHD (heavy on the H)
Asthma
Dyslexia
Dysgraphia
Dyscalculia
Bi-Polar or BPD (their not sure yet)
Tourette's-like tics
Big Feet
Lacking some spatial skills
Lacking some body control
OCD
Long legs, short torso
Self-injury
Depression

...that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I know I'm luckier than other people. I have food, a house, clothes (despite my odd body type:p) but yea. It's hard for me to picture being able to read, write or tell time well or to be happy and have a few times a day being sad rather than the other way around. I can't imagine not feeling like I'm about to bust out of my skin and constantly having to move or seeing something crooked and not having to fix it or laying in bed at night and not having to stay up because I'm hyper or because my tics are keeping me awake. It's hard to imagine running and your air supply not cutting off or just walking by a chair instead of into it. Sorry. Just feeling lonely today:(

Mincan
01-22-08, 03:34 AM
I could probably ramble off a list as long as yours but whats the point? I'm thinking that reminding myself of my problems, espcially uttering their names to myself or others constantly is really messin with my motivation. Makes me wanna sit here all day concentrating on how I feel, sometimes I feel euphoric (in the non-drug use of the term) with hope that my future will be bright, lasts about an hour, then it's back down the treacherous slopes of denial, anger, sadness, etc.

~boots~
01-22-08, 03:35 AM
aww...hugs..you are NOT a freak...rant away
xxxx
I have big feet too :-)

lars
01-22-08, 03:37 AM
I'm sorry to hear you're feeling lonely, but I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about feeling like a weirdo.

There's a little weirdo inside each and everyone of us. ;)

Leah
01-22-08, 04:29 AM
Rant away!

Dunno if it makes you feel any less lonely, but I feel like a weirdo pretty much all of the time. Sometimes it's OK, and sometimes it's just.. lonely.

And hey, nothing wrong with big feet! Or a short torso.

DeloresMelon
01-22-08, 11:00 AM
I'd much rather be a weirdo *and believe me, I fit that criteria* than a boring ole normal ninny any day.

you're not a freak, you're YOU! how sad and pathetic and un-interesting, and blah, and ho hum if there were tons exactly like you.

lacking body control? I bet you're a hoot in a bowling alley. Dysgraphia? I don't even know what the heck that is, but who cares. And small feet are totally overrated. I used to work in a shoe store. We always sold out of the smaller sizes. nothing left to choose from.

as much of a cliche as it is, you ARE unique. and weird is totally in. And I'm far too old to use the word "totally" more than once a week. ;)

Matt S.
01-22-08, 02:13 PM
I feel exactly the same way you do, I have an alphabet soup of diagnoses myself all of them severe except for one.

Something I noticed is that you elaborated on some positives and it really helps me to focus a lot on what's right as opposed to what's wrong.

boone1
01-22-08, 02:30 PM
Your not weird. "Normal" people live such boring lives. They wake up, get ready and go to work. Come home, have dinner then go to bed. "Normal" people are like robots. Now THAT'S weird.

ah09087
01-22-08, 08:57 PM
aww...hugs..you are NOT a freak...rant away
xxxx
I have big feet too :-)

YaY for big feeted people!

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling lonely, but I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about feeling like a weirdo.

There's a little weirdo inside each and everyone of us. ;)

Yea. You're right. I was just feeling lonely cuz I barely get to hang out with my non-normie friends and even when I'm around them they understand parts of me but not all of them. I was talking/hanging out with them and then the week started so I had kind of an empty nest feeling.:rolleyes: lol

Rant away!

Dunno if it makes you feel any less lonely, but I feel like a weirdo pretty much all of the time. Sometimes it's OK, and sometimes it's just.. lonely.

And hey, nothing wrong with big feet! Or a short torso.

Exactly. Normally it doesn't bother me this much it's just sort of a "thats just the way it is" but sometimes you just get tired of fighting at every turn. Nothing wrong with big feet until you have to go shoe shopping and you tell them the size you want and their jaws drop.:D

I'd much rather be a weirdo *and believe me, I fit that criteria* than a boring ole normal ninny any day.

you're not a freak, you're YOU! how sad and pathetic and un-interesting, and blah, and ho hum if there were tons exactly like you.

lacking body control? I bet you're a hoot in a bowling alley. Dysgraphia? I don't even know what the heck that is, but who cares. And small feet are totally overrated. I used to work in a shoe store. We always sold out of the smaller sizes. nothing left to choose from.

as much of a cliche as it is, you ARE unique. and weird is totally in. And I'm far too old to use the word "totally" more than once a week. ;)

It would be pretty boring if everyone was like me but is it too much to ask for just one.:p My friends think I'm a hoot pretty much anywhere. Like sunday i was at rehearsal and we were eating dinner and appearantly I tripped and my friend said "i saw that!". I had no idea what she saw because I trip of run into things so often that I don't even notice. Dysgraphia is basically: I hold my pencil wrong so it hurts when I write, my writing is sometimes illegible and it's hard for me to express my ideas in writing since teachers can't read it and it hurts me to do so. http://www.ncld.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=468

I feel exactly the same way you do, I have an alphabet soup of diagnoses myself all of them severe except for one.

Something I noticed is that you elaborated on some positives and it really helps me to focus a lot on what's right as opposed to what's wrong.

I try to keep everything in perspective, ya know. I have to train myself to try and pick out the positives when there is so much negativity in the world.

Your not weird. "Normal" people live such boring lives. They wake up, get ready and go to work. Come home, have dinner then go to bed. "Normal" people are like robots. Now THAT'S weird.

You're right. That is weird but I'd love to be them just until I graduate high school so I can focus enough to get into college and be wild.:cool: But if i had to choose one I'd definitely keep my quirks

justAwierd-o
01-22-08, 11:59 PM
Yes :-).

But normal people are scary....

Guest1
01-23-08, 12:00 AM
i always thought i was weird since day one

~Ødd~Scr~θθball
01-23-08, 01:25 PM
[Quote]Year after year I learn more and more about what is wrong with me and I find out why it is I do the things that I do but it is hard for me to imagine someone being less challenged by life. Like, it's hard for me to imagine someone not struggling with every aspect of living. It's like needing glasses (one thing I don't have). You just figure everyone else sees like that until you get glasses. Only thing is with everything I have it's not as easy to fix and nor are the coping methods reliable. I guess I'm just ranting. Here's why I think I'm a freak:

ADHD (heavy on the H)
Asthma
Dyslexia
Dysgraphia
Dyscalculia
Bi-Polar or BPD (their not sure yet)
Tourette's-like tics
Big Feet
Lacking some spatial skills
Lacking some body control
OCD
Long legs, short torso
Self-injury
Depression [UnQuote/]

It's the sum total of You Unique, Special and Definitely Acceptable and liked by many of us with either the same or similar problems.
My list would read as:

AD{H}D: Combined Type
Dyscalculiac
Sensory Integration Disorder
Possible Auditory or Language Processing Disorder
Itchy skin
Fibromyalgia
Hiatal Hernia
Fibroid Tumors
Protruding Belly~ due to Tumor
Claw Feet with painful calluses
Extremely Near sighted= Myopic Stare makes me look like Duh...! :confused:
Oversized Breasts that I absolutely Abhor!!!
Overly sensitive ears
Awkward walking gait
Milk white skin
Frizzy Red~Hair
Obsessive Compulsive Hoarding
Anxiety problems

And when I was a kid:
Bad overbite corrected with Braces.
Speech problems requiring Therapy

All conditions that make me an Odd~Scrooball. unique and acceptable just the way I am. If others dislike me because of the afore mentioned my question to them would be: How perfect are they? I definitely don't aspire to be Perfect and am glad I can enjoy:
My cats, Friends, Joy in life, Intelligence, My Family, Nature, Clowning, Artwork, Writing, This forum, Shopping.....All the things that make life worthwhile whether anyone sees me as a weird~o or Scrooball or not.
Thinking and acting Out~of~the Box is something I embrace wholeheartedly! :D
Nothing Wrong with that! LOL!! :D :D :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

NonSequitur
01-23-08, 01:48 PM
I often feel like a weirdo, and with good reason! I see the world way differently from 'normal' people, but they're boring anyway.

All our 'lists' are uniquely us. Every few years, I get to add something to the list, but nothing gets taken off.:rolleyes: