View Full Version : HEY! from AK

RunninL8
01-25-08, 08:39 PM
Hey there! Decided I would become a part of this forum after realizing there is NO support in any form for ADULTS with ADD here in Alaska! And some support -from folks who UNDERSTAND, who ďgetĒ me, who I can kvetch and laugh with-is what Iím a neediní!!! And I hope I can give something of significance to you as well.
Iím 38 and was diagnosed 2 years ago with ADD and a possible auditory processing problem. It was a great relief to finally know that not only am I not below average intelligence but actually in the superior range. It put a reason behind the behavior and enabled me to take the steps needed to make my life an easier place to be. Not an easy staircase to ascend though!
So far, not a lot of luck with meds. Strattera sucked big-time. Adderall worksÖa little. I just added Wellbutrin to help with depression that developed over the fall. Weíll see. Anyone see that movie THUMBSUCKER? The rapturous moment when his meds take affect inside his brain? The resulting positive esteem, rapid-fire eloquence, and focus he experiences? Thatís what I wanted to happen to me when I started my meds. Stupid *** movieÖ
Regardless , Iím in a better place, plugging along with my ADD. Itís an unfolding journey Iím hoping to make easier by reaching out. Iím relieved that I found this forum!

AKManInAnch
01-29-08, 11:21 PM
Can anyone suggest where to go in Anchorage to get diagnosed for ADD.
Just starting to realize this is my problem but want an expert to confirm.
Thanks

RunninL8
02-01-08, 03:17 PM
Dr. Keith Youngblood, Psy. D. CBIS 301-2992
Very thorough-don't rely on an MD to give a diagnosis! Just answering a 20 question questionare and receiving a diagnosis doesn't cut it!
Hope this helps,
~Dana

Swede63
02-01-08, 04:28 PM
Welcome great to have you here!:)

AKManInAnch
02-07-08, 07:23 PM
Thanks RunninL8, havent called him yet but did find out he's preferred provider for my Ins.
Thanks again
Dave

Bayashi
02-07-08, 08:55 PM
Awww now I miss Alaska again!