View Full Version : Cumulative Effect?

gillenium
01-26-08, 05:27 PM
I just started taking 20mg Focalin XR once a day in the morning. This is the first time I've ever really taken a med before. So far it seems to be doing a good job.

Questions is, does Focalin have a cumulative effect in its effectiveness? I mainly need to control the ADD throughout the week for work. If I only take it Monday thru Friday and stop for the weekend, does it lose its effectiveness and have to start all over on Monday?

Ubiyca
01-27-08, 03:59 AM
I just started taking 20mg Focalin XR once a day in the morning. This is the first time I've ever really taken a med before. So far it seems to be doing a good job.

Questions is, does Focalin have a cumulative effect in its effectiveness? I mainly need to control the ADD throughout the week for work. If I only take it Monday thru Friday and stop for the weekend, does it lose its effectiveness and have to start all over on Monday?

LOL.. no.. it's the opposite.. the more you use it, the less well it works..

BASSOUNDS
02-11-08, 05:38 PM
If I only take it Monday thru Friday and stop for the weekend, does it lose its effectiveness and have to start all over on Monday?

It won't do anything for you if it stays in the bottle, although that's fine if you don;t need it anyway on a weekend. Some people find that taking a "drug holiday", e.g. not taking it on a weekend, may make it more effective when taken again.