View Full Version : Starting to worry

Spongedaddy
01-28-08, 12:09 PM
I am now on my 8th? medication (Tegretol) and after two weeks nothing but wooziness and confusion. I am still having incredible cycling and today find myself in a depression. My short-term is up for review on Feb 10th and if they extend it, it will be at 70% and for only a little bit. Nothing has worked so far and as much as I was looking forward to raising the Lamictal, the rash killed that. I have also been allergic to a few others.

What if I am treatment resistant? I am very worried about what is going to happen. My wife is looking for a job, but if my employment comes to an end I don't know if I am up to doing another sales job. I really need to rest and recover, but my life isn't allowing that right now. Plus my son's ADHD is moving off the charts at school.

Crap!

~boots~
01-28-08, 12:31 PM
hugs SD
xx

Matt S.
01-28-08, 01:06 PM
Spongedaddy I really hate to see you suffer man, you are a genuinely good person and it seems like the good people suffer the most.

I still encourage you to look into the Depression and Manic Depression Workbook by Mary Ellen Copeland, she has Bipolar I Disorder and is completely treatment resistent yet she manages to stay stable by using a WRAP plan.

I will look for what I can find online and PM you the links okay, Hang in there.

amiegrace
01-28-08, 06:21 PM
I hated Tegretol. I feel for you and will pray that you find something that works for you. I recommend intense exercise, if only to deal with the stress you are experiencing . . .

blueyeyore
01-28-08, 06:37 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that you're still having problems with your medications. Please keep us posted as to how things are going for you. If there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to ask. :)