View Full Version : Does anyone use pocket organizers?

denise1970
02-05-08, 11:31 AM
I'm a new...I'm very curious! Does anyone use pocket organizers? I had heard before that pda are very useful. I assumed that was what it was, a pocket organizer. I would also assume it's a electronic devise to add numbers, appointments, lists, things of importance, and list any kinds of things you desire on a day to day scheduling. I am very interested in any ideas that some of you have out there. Since we all have most of the same problems staying on task and getting our housework done. Thanks so much for all you help!!

Reporter25
02-05-08, 12:09 PM
Hi Denise!

I use an iPod touch as a pocket organizer. As I carry it, anyway, all the time, for music, video, etc... it is very easy and helpful. "what's not in my iPod is not in my head" ;) it's what I always say! BUT most importantly, I can say it's not my fault if I forgot something or if I was late if it's not in my organizer hihihihihihi!!! just kidding!

Seriously, it must my the thing that helps my the most with my ADD. I write everything : hair dresser appointments, work meetings, move the towels from washer to dryer (wich must be the hardest thing to remember on earth), buy milk after work (this on comes second!!!), dinner with mom, weekly time card at work, pay cable bill, buy bus monthly pass... and an awful lot of other stuff for day to day organization, as well as some other long-term tasks in a seperate list.

I definitly recommand it!
hope it helps ;)

zoomman
02-06-08, 12:34 PM
I've been tempted, but I'll have to wait until the price drops to something that I can afford to destroy or lose without becoming heartbroken.

My dream is a little floating robot that I just talk to and talks back to me:

"Robot."

[YES?]

"What am I supposed to do today?"

[HAVE LUNCH WITH MARK AND TOM AT THE DANCING MOUNTAIN CAFE. I WILL WARN YOU HOURLY BETWEEN NOW AND THEN. WOULD YOU LIKE TO GET DRESSED NOW?]

"Sure."

Like that.:rolleyes:

bebeto
02-06-08, 08:39 PM
I use my cell phone to do so and it helps me a lot. The nice thing about cell phones is that you can also add a reminder alarm and do not have to carry another gadget.

Btw, there was this girl who I used to work with and she always thought that it was a ring tone that I programmed for my special someone (and i'm like yeah, you are right on that one!)

ADDAWAY
02-07-08, 10:34 AM
Me too bebeto!! Getting those phone alarms can help you to keep appointments, remember things, stay on task and limit hyperfocusing. Also, you can leave yourself voice records (notes or stored info.) about stuff you need to do or remember (e.g., your parking spot at the airport, buy milk, a phone number etc etc.).

It's even better if your phone calendar/alarms can synch with your work &/or personal computer calendar/alarms. Having it all on one calendar is great.

Ring, ring . . . better get back to work! :D

Scattered
02-12-08, 12:50 AM
My husband got me a Treo with phone, calendar, memos, calculater, camera, etc -- I love it. I wear it on my belt and don't worry about looking like a nerd, because I actually know what groceries I need in the store, can take a picture without having to search for a camera, know what appointment comes next, have my phone numbers with me, etc. They can be a great asset for an ADDer!