View Full Version : Pharmacy wont let me refill because its too soon?? anyone heard of this

v639dragoon
02-07-08, 09:16 PM
Hey,
well i've been taking stimulants for a couple of years prescribed, ive tried a bunch of different ones, but the one that worked the best for me was adderall. i've been taking an xr 25mg in the morning and 12.5 mg instant booster in the evening. Well, my doctor recently moved my dosage to 30mg xr and 15mg boosters. So the story is basically, i went to cvs pharmacy today to get it filled, and the guy said he couldnt fill it becuz of california state law saying they can only refill a narcotic every 28 days. I was like wtf, ive never heard of that. I still have a bunch of my 25 mg's and instants left for the month. But im in college without a car and its hard for me to get rides to the pharmacy becuz the other people with cars have class and stuff to do sometimes. and how am i supposed to take the increased dose in the morning :(? oh well

I remember that i was able to refill my adderall sooner than 28 days. It's been 21 days apparently since my last refill, so i have to wait i guess.
Is it just this pharmacy with this law?
has anyone else had this experience?
Should i try another pharmacy?

Thankksss !!

watts
02-07-08, 09:26 PM
Since you received a "new" script with a different strength the pharmacy should honor it regardless of when the previous one was. I would consider asking your doctor's office about this. Let us know what happens.

dlmay277
02-07-08, 09:27 PM
My doc said he couldnt give me a script that included refills, he had to write me a new one for each month and post date them. But, I didn't have any problem when I had been on 10mg for a week, and he changed it to 20mg plus 5mg IR. They filled it right away. I think that it may be NEW prescriptions that they can fill, but not the same one.

DeloresMelon
02-07-08, 09:59 PM
where I am, I can't have refills listed on the script. Need new script each time. I cannot get a new script filled prior to designated time, but I'm not so sure it wasn't just an insurance issue, because the pharmacy filled it and I paid for it sans insurance.

Your state may have different laws on this, definitely call your doctor. If you're changing meds, and insurance is not involved or concerned, I can't figure out why they won't fill.

I just re-read your post... and did a little googling of california law and schedule II drugs... I can't help wonder if your pharmacy isn't suspicious of your med motives.

Definitely call your doctor.

RainyZ
02-07-08, 10:29 PM
Did you tell them it was a "dosage adjustment"? I've had my pharmacy ask that question when I've brought a different dosage script in before my other was set to run out. However, my doc would usually calculate what I needed to finish out the script I was on and just write the script for the adjustment.

HTH

~boots~
02-07-08, 10:33 PM
I can only get mine every 28 days too, but I can get one script for 6 months. I set my phone reminder to let me know what date it's due, and I phone the pharmacy to get it filled. If I don't pick it up for a week, that makes no difference..as their computer dates it as filled on day 28...if I leave it past 28 days, the script expires in 6 months and often the last repeat is out of date..

JR1973
02-07-08, 10:48 PM
Tell the guy at CVS to take a hike since he can't tell the difference between a narcotic (which Adderall is not) and a stimulant. Anyways he's probably referring to CII meds so every state is different. Ask them again or go to another pharmacy. As long as you have a new script (which is the law for CII meds) there shouldn't be any issues.

J

Tachyon
02-07-08, 10:49 PM
If the dosage was changed then I don't see why the pharmacy refuses to fill it up. check with your Dr.

v639dragoon
02-07-08, 10:56 PM
ya i have new scripts for both. there not refills from the bottles, there brand new scripts on the paper. thanks for all ur answers so quickly, im gonna go to another pharmacy, i think there just dumb

Hutch1ns
02-07-08, 11:57 PM
ya i have new scripts for both. there not refills from the bottles, there brand new scripts on the paper. thanks for all ur answers so quickly, im gonna go to another pharmacy, i think there just dumb

I've ran into the same problem with CVS. This pharmacist had something against me, started labeling me and calling me a drug addict because I was trying to get my script filled 3 days early. I even asked her to call the Doctor who wrote out all my prescriptions (a psychiatrist) and she refused to do that. She then refused to give me my prescription back (the written part) and I went AWOL on her. I don't know how I controlled myself enough to not jump over the counter and take it back, but I did and had my mother meet me back at the pharmacy when she woke up (she lives about 20 minutes away fortunately) and she got the script back and and then filled at a different pharmacy for me. She said she ripped the pharmacist a new one and then filed a complaint for me. The Pharmacist was fired or transfered pretty quickly.

Just go to a different pharmacy. CVS hires straight out of the job corp and if it's an older pharmacist chances are she/he doesn't have their PhD. Pharmacists weren't required to get a PhD until a few years ago so everyone who became a pharmacist before then are still pharmacists now and they aren't required to get a PhD. Basically what I'm saying is, a majority of the CVS Pharmacists are complete morons and likely have never even taken a course on pharmacy law.

Teedrum
02-08-08, 05:03 AM
in canada thats how they control it....you can't get the script early unless its a dose increase with a scropt from the doc

Hutch1ns
02-09-08, 12:55 AM
in canada thats how they control it....you can't get the script early unless its a dose increase with a scropt from the doc

There's also another trick around it: By getting different sized pills (ie if you take 60mg you can get 30mg x 2 and then get a 20mg x 3 script early.)

civicmon
02-09-08, 02:15 AM
I've had that problem too in the past. Typically it's done so the insurace co. doesn't overpay more than they really should be. I think I had a 20-day wait unless the doc preauth'd it with them.

Amazingly, I have a new insurance package and got 60 adderall 30mg in one shot...

Leofwynn
02-09-08, 05:16 PM
Here in Ohio we always have to get a new script every month for my son's Adderall XR. And even though I have refills on my Zoloft, I can't have it filled more often than every 25 days or so, because of the type of drug it is.

I know you must be fustrated, but this is NORMAL here, and has been the entire time I've been taking Zoloft - which is now at least 8 years.

gh342000
02-09-08, 06:42 PM
There is no law in california that says only 1 prescription per 28 days. Even if he was prescribing a narcotic (which he is not) what happens if you need two Percodan tablets instead of 1 per dose. Does the law state that you should suffer in pain for the next 28 days? The doctors discretion applies here. The pharmacist has every right to call the doctor but a law, I don't think so.

Now, the pharmacist may have confused the law with the fact that your insurance will only pay for the med each 28 days. This is a different issue.

LittlePrincess
02-09-08, 10:07 PM
If the prescription is *completely different* than the previous one, then this shouldn't be a problem. For example, if your previous prescription was for 20mg XR and your new prescription is 30mg XR, then you shouldn't have had a problem filling it.

However, if your previous prescription was for 20mg XR (30 caps) and your "new" prescription is also for 20mg XR (30 caps), this is considered kind of a "refill" in a way since it's the same prescription technically. Hope this makes sense.

Were the XR and IR tablets written on two different prescription slips or the same one?

Hutch1ns
02-10-08, 04:50 AM
If the dosage changes at all, you need to tell the pharmacist to indicate to the insurance company that there is a change in dosage. They will let it go through.

I haven't come across a state that has a law that specifies the frequency of how often a class II controlled substance can be filled. I know in my state that we can only get it filled for a maximum of 30 days unless the reason is specified on the script for it needing to be filled longer and then the maximum is 60 days.

CHAPTER 94C. CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ACT

Chapter 94C: Section 23. Written prescriptions; requirements and restrictions

Section 23. (a) A written prescription for a controlled substance in Schedule II shall become invalid 30 days after the date of issuance.
(b) A written prescription for a controlled substance in Schedule II shall not be refilled and shall be kept in a separate file.
(c) The pharmacist filling a written prescription for a controlled substance in Schedule II shall endorse his own signature on the face thereof.
(d) In regard to a controlled substance in Schedule II or III, no prescription shall be filled for more than a thirty-day supply of such substance upon any single filling; provided, however, that with regard to dextro amphetamine sulphate and methyl phenidate hydrochloride, a prescription may be filled for up to a sixty-day supply of such substance upon any single filling if said substance is being used for the treatment of minimal brain dysfunction or narcolepsy; provided further, that subject to regulations of the department and the board of pharmacy, prescriptions for implantable infusion pumps consisting of Schedule II or Schedule III controlled substances may be filled for a maximum of 90 days.
(e) All prescriptions for controlled substances shall be kept for two years by the pharmacy and shall be subject to inspection pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(f) No prescription for a controlled substance shall be refilled unless the original prescription provides for such refilling and unless the number of refills has been specified in said prescription.
(g) Unless otherwise prohibited by law, a prescription shall be: (1) written in ink, indelible pencil or by other means; or (2) transmitted electronically; and (3) signed by the prescriber. A prescription may be transmitted electronically with the electronic signature and electronic instructions of the prescriber, and shall be transmitted directly from the prescriber to the pharmacy designated by the patient without alteration of the prescription information, except that third-party intermediaries may act as conduits to route the prescription from the prescriber to the pharmacy.
(h) Clinic pharmacies operated by a health maintenance organization licensed under chapter one hundred and seventy-six G and licensed pursuant to section fifty-one of chapter one hundred and eleven may refill prescriptions which have been previously dispensed by another health maintenance organization clinic pharmacy, provided that prior to dispensing a refill, the pharmacy refilling the prescription verifies the appropriateness of the refill through a centralized database.

http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/94c-23.htm

State is Massachusetts incase your wondering.

LittlePrincess
02-10-08, 06:32 AM
Actually, now that I think about it... The OP brought up a really important issue that we have to deal with and tbh, I don't even know the exact *laws* pertaining to our schedule II meds.

For example....
1. How often can the doc actually write a prescription?? (Assuming you're staying on the same prescription month-to-month) I mean, how many days in between each script must there be?

2. Now, when going to *fill* that same prescription, how many days since your last "refill" must you wait? (Still assuming you're on the the same prescription month-to-month)

If anyone in Texas (or anywhere if this is a national thing) happens to know, that would be awesome! :D

dlmay277
02-10-08, 01:04 PM
Found great info about this on these sites:

http://www.uspharmacist.com/index.asp?show=article&page=8_1237.htm

http://pn.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/43/1/2

gh342000
02-10-08, 03:26 PM
However, if your previous prescription was for 20mg XR (30 caps) and your "new" prescription is also for 20mg XR (30 caps), this is considered kind of a "refill" in a way since it's the same prescription technically. Hope this makes sense.

Actually, a refill is when there is more than 1 filling from a single prescription. I receive 3 scripts on the same day for the same prescription to fill every 30 days. The doctor does this because my insurance only covers 30 days at a pop. All three prescriptions have the same date on them and they are valid for 6 months from the date written.

If I take in a prescription today for 30 pills and then 5 days from now take in another prescription, there is no law that says I can't do this. In fact I could fill all 3 prescriptions at one time, the problem is that I would have to pay out of pocket for 2 of them.

gh342000
02-10-08, 03:31 PM
Actually, now that I think about it... The OP brought up a really important issue that we have to deal with and tbh, I don't even know the exact *laws* pertaining to our schedule II meds.

For example....
1. How often can the doc actually write a prescription?? (Assuming you're staying on the same prescription month-to-month) I mean, how many days in between each script must there be?

2. Now, when going to *fill* that same prescription, how many days since your last "refill" must you wait? (Still assuming you're on the the same prescription month-to-month)

If anyone in Texas (or anywhere if this is a national thing) happens to know, that would be awesome! :D

#1 - There is no required number of days between prescriptions.

I will give an example. I was badly hurt in an auto accident and was prescribed Percocet 2.5mg taken every 6 hours after the surgery. It was not working so the doctor 2 days later wrote another script for Percocet 2.5mg. He was increasing my dose by double.

2 days later, the pain still wasn't under control so the doctor wrote me a script for Percocet 7.5mg. The reason he didn't write more of the 2.5 was because I would be exceeding the maximum Acetominophan dose per day.

The pharmacist did give my wife some grief when she tried to fill the third prescription in 6 days, but he called my doctor to verify and then gave my wife the pills.

#2 - Zero days, the wait is generally an insurance issue for they tend to only pay for 1 script every 30 days.

LittlePrincess
02-10-08, 06:55 PM
#2 - Zero days, the wait is generally an insurance issue for they tend to only pay for 1 script every 30 days.

Unfortunately this just isn't true in the case of controlled meds. For example, if I walk in with a 30 day script for 20mg Adderall, I can't walk in the very next day with another 30 day script for 20mg Adderall. Unless the doctor changes the prescription (changes the dose for example), two identical CII prescriptions may NOT be filled back to back. There is some kind of waiting period... The OP mentioned 28 days, but I'm wondering if it's like this all across the country.

LittlePrincess
02-10-08, 06:58 PM
Actually, a refill is when there is more than 1 filling from a single prescription. I receive 3 scripts on the same day for the same prescription to fill every 30 days. The doctor does this because my insurance only covers 30 days at a pop. All three prescriptions have the same date on them and they are valid for 6 months from the date written.

If I take in a prescription today for 30 pills and then 5 days from now take in another prescription, there is no law that says I can't do this. In fact I could fill all 3 prescriptions at one time, the problem is that I would have to pay out of pocket for 2 of them.

Yeah, I see what you're saying here too, but again- this is NOT the case for controlled substances. And I'm not even talking about insurance. Just the laws.

If my doctor wrote me three scripts for the same prescription of ADDERALL, for example, I definitely could not do what you just described. First of all, CII scripts in Texas are only valid for 7 days (this varies from state to state). Furthermore, I would NOT be allowed to fill all three at the same time. Now, the doctor may write me 3 identical scripts all at the same time and post-date two of them, so that I have to wait a certain number of days (28-30 days?) in between each filling.

dlmay277
02-10-08, 07:14 PM
Thats what my doc does, post-dates them... he did 28 days. I think that they cant wait for 30 just because of February....

Hutch1ns
02-11-08, 04:36 AM
Unfortunately this just isn't true in the case of controlled meds. For example, if I walk in with a 30 day script for 20mg Adderall, I can't walk in the very next day with another 30 day script for 20mg Adderall. Unless the doctor changes the prescription (changes the dose for example), two identical CII prescriptions may NOT be filled back to back. There is some kind of waiting period... The OP mentioned 28 days, but I'm wondering if it's like this all across the country.

There is no law pertaining to that. The Major Brand pharmacies will tell you that you cannot do it and that it's against the law, but what they tell you is completely fictional. I have yet to see a state that has a law against the frequency of filling a Class II controlled substance. What I'm telling you may seem suprising and false, but I can assure you that in just about every state (all the ones I've seen) there is no law against the frequency that they can be filled. CVS will feed you bs after bs but the truth is there is no law against it. Your insurance may not pay for it, but that doesn't mean that you cannot go around the insurance and pay for it out of your own pocket. They likely are too ignorant and stupid to listen to you, but you can plead your case to them anyways and if they still refuse then you can speak to the head pharmacist and then after that try a different pharmacy. Finally, call a lawyer if you still can't get any pharmacy to abide by the law. Pharmacist cannot refuse to fill prescriptions based on any personal beliefs or opinions, only if there is a severe risk to the patients health. If they feel there is a risk to your health, they can consult with your Doctor. If the Doctor tells them to fill it then they must fill it (atleast in Mass, but there are a couple conservative states that allow pharmacists to refuse.)

LittlePrincess
02-11-08, 05:19 AM
Hutch, I believe you, but it just seems so bizarre. Again, I'm not talking about insurance coverage at all... that's just confusing matters. hehe ;)

Anyway, I find it strange that physicians may write prescriptions for only 30 days at a time, and if you are to collect more than 1 prescription, they are backdated.... yet techincally I can just walk into a pharmacy day after day collecting a 30 day CII script (assuming I have a physician that is willing to write me one every day).

For some reason I thought there was some kind of patient database to prevent patients from going to multiple doctors and therefore getting multiple CII prescriptions.

In an earlier thread I talked about how strict the pharmacy was on me getting a box of Sudafed and they told me I could only have so many pills per 30 days... they took down all my info, put it in the database, yada, yada. Again, it seems EXTREMELY bizarre to me that they don't have AT LEAST that same close eye on people coming in filling CII prescriptions. :cool:

gh342000
02-11-08, 02:13 PM
Anyway, I find it strange that physicians may write prescriptions for only 30 days at a time, and if you are to collect more than 1 prescription, they are backdated.... yet techincally I can just walk into a pharmacy day after day collecting a 30 day CII script (assuming I have a physician that is willing to write me one every day).

My scripts for Adderall are for 100 pills. That is 100 days of pills. What would the difference be if I filled (3) 30 day scripts in 3 consecutive days.

For some reason I thought there was some kind of patient database to prevent patients from going to multiple doctors and therefore getting multiple CII prescriptions.

Actually, there is no real control for this the way that you think. But, if you fill enough you may get noticed by the authorities. For instance, a doctor I know is an Oncologist. He has patients that use Fentanyl and lots of it. He as a doctor has been visited and so have his patients because they are out of the norm when it comes to dosing and amount of medication that they get filled. Apparently the Fentanyl suckers are closing watched.

In an earlier thread I talked about how strict the pharmacy was on me getting a box of Sudafed and they told me I could only have so many pills per 30 days... they took down all my info, put it in the database, yada, yada. Again, it seems EXTREMELY bizarre to me that they don't have AT LEAST that same close eye on people coming in filling CII prescriptions. :cool:

I have to agree with you on this one. The limit for pseudoephedrine is ridiculous. The idea is to keep the meth labs at bay. Everytime my kids have a cold I have a very very hard time finding the kids pseudoephedrine liquid. None of the pharmacies around here are stocking it anymore. In fact I had to get a prescription from the pediatrician for the equivalent of sudafed liquid for kids.

gh342000
02-11-08, 02:23 PM
I just remembered a funny story about pseudoephedrine.

One day I was filling a Dexedrine script for my daughter I didn't have to sign anything for Dexedrine, but had to sign for the 2 bottle of kids pseudoephedrine. I wanted to get 3 bottles but they said that is beyond the limit and they couldn't sell it to me. I wanted to buy 3 because the kids Sudafed is almost impossible to find in my neck of the woods.

She asked me why I wanted 3 bottles, this coming from the pharmacy clerk not the pharmacist. It really ****ed me off. Then she went on tell me that I should be careful giving this to children because it has a stimulant effect and will cause sleeping problems. First I asked here if it is any of her business why I want 3 bottles? I looked at her and asked her if she knew what my prescription that I just filled was, she didn't???

The rules for pseudoephedrine are ridiculous.

LittlePrincess
02-12-08, 01:48 AM
My scripts for Adderall are for 100 pills. That is 100 days of pills. What would the difference be if I filled (3) 30 day scripts in 3 consecutive days.

Well, it varies state to state obviously... Here in Texas, the state law is that the physician may only write a CII prescription for UP TO a 30 days supply. So when I made that statement earlier, I was referring to the more stringent law. Sorry for the confusion.

Hutch1ns
02-13-08, 01:52 AM
Well, it varies state to state obviously... Here in Texas, the state law is that the physician may only write a CII prescription for UP TO a 30 days supply. So when I made that statement earlier, I was referring to the more stringent law. Sorry for the confusion.

Does it have the same thing as Massachusetts and that the only exceptions to it are Adderall and Ritalin which allow for a 60 day supply? My insurance won't let me do 60 days so I can never do it, but if I change insurances (Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO Blue + Masshealth secondary) I'd definately take advantage of it.

LittlePrincess
02-13-08, 02:07 AM
Does it have the same thing as Massachusetts and that the only exceptions to it are Adderall and Ritalin which allow for a 60 day supply? My insurance won't let me do 60 days so I can never do it, but if I change insurances (Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO Blue + Masshealth secondary) I'd definately take advantage of it.

I'm thinking "NO," but I'm not certain. That's definitely something worth looking into.

Does anyone in Texas know for sure?

Hutch1ns
02-13-08, 07:56 AM
http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes/docs/HS/content/htm/hs.006.00.000481.00.htm#481.070.00

I read through it, I didn't see anything that restricts the # of days a class II can be filled except for 30 days when it is an oral emergency prescription.

LittlePrincess
02-13-08, 09:22 AM
Well, I appreciate the link. Thank you.

I'm not sure from which end of the spectrum the restriction law comes from and I'm having trouble finding it. Someone from Texas, help me out here!

Here is my personal testimony regarding this... Now, back when I had really good insurance I WAS in fact able to get a 90 days supply of Adderall.... BUT!!!! I could only get my 90 days supply through my mail-in plan (it was Medco).

Now, here comes the fun part: One time, I took my 90-days-supply Adderall script down to the local CVS to see if I could get it filled. They told me that they were only able to give me up to a 30 days supply. I then offered to pay out of pocket for the other 60 days. They said it wasn't an insurance issue. They just couldn't give me more than 30-days worth at a time. So, I asked if I could take the 30-days supply and then come back for the rest next month. They said no... b/c once they partially fill a script, that's all. No coming back for more.

THEN, I proceeded to take the prescription to two other pharmacies and I got the same answers. I don't know the exact law or where to find it, but that is just how it is here in Texas. So, that is why my physician only writes each script for 30 days now. I mean, he could write it for more days I guess, but I would only be able to get up to 30 days worth at the local pharmacy and not be able to get more without a new script.

gh342000
02-14-08, 01:19 AM
OK, this thread is full of speculation on the Texas prescription laws. Here is definitive answers from who should know best, pharmacies in Texas. I called a Walgreens in Dallas at:

3418 Mckinney
Dallas, TX 75204
214-922-9283
SEC of Mckinney & Lemmon

and a CVS at:

3801 19TH STREET
LUBBOCK, TX 79423
Front Store Phone: (806) 796-2339
Pharmacy Phone: (806) 796-2339

Both of them told me that they can fill 90 day prescriiptions of schedule II. They both said there is no 30 day limit of schedule II drugs.

LittlePrincess
02-14-08, 02:04 AM
I stand corrected. You all are correct in that a 90-day-supply is allowed. However, this law was just passed less than 60 days ago according to this press release. Obviously I haven't been keeping up on the DEA announcements. lol :)

gh342000
02-14-08, 01:21 PM
I stand corrected. You all are correct in that a 90-day-supply is allowed. However, this law was just passed less than 60 days ago according to this press release. Obviously I haven't been keeping up on the DEA announcements. lol :)

Thanks for this post. This is awesome.

But this is much bigger than the 90 day script issue we have been talking about. This is basically allowing for refills.

In the past the doctor would write a 90 day prescription. This was no problem to fill but the insurance company would only cover 30 days, you would have to come out of pocket for the other 60. Also, if you only filled 30 days of the 90 day prescription the remainder was voided because refills were forbidden.

By the DEA allowing doctors to write 3 separate 30 day prescriptions at one time, we are now able to get around the insurance coverage problem not to mention the basic hassels of getting a script every 30 days. Basically, this is allows refills.

waffle_pimp
02-15-08, 12:11 AM
Some states have drug monitering programs.basically,the pharmacies(and dr offices too i think)communicate with each other when they see what they would concider "suspicius behaviour",which could be a lot of things that are totally legit. if you get red-flagged in the systom its going to pop up whenever you try to fill your scrips. my mom teaches pharmacy teches about the program in our state,and she's told me about some of the things they find.i know there were lots of cases where the pharmacist would refuse to fill a prescription because of what the computer was telling him about that person. now they're starting to communicate between states,too.i don't know too much about it but i found a link for the program in ky.
http://chfs.ky.gov/NR/rdonlyres/908A3CE2-D12F-4F90-9790-CCB2A8591067/0/PremierFinalIII.pdf

waffle_pimp
02-15-08, 12:20 AM
oooh i just looked over that link and found the this at the bottem,they are presenting a scenario of how the systom would play out in real life. here ya go.....

" A patient presents a controlled substance
prescription to a neighborhood pharmacy at 7:30 pm.
• The pharmacy staff gets the patient’s address, social
security number and date of birth, then proceeds to
fill the prescription.
• When the prescription is filled and sent to the
insurance company for adjudication, the pharmacy
receives a message saying the prescription is being
filled too soon and it was filled at another pharmacy.
Red Flag
2005 Cabinet for Health and Family Services
Before eKASPER
• A KASPER report may have been requested
by fax.
• The report would have been returned the
next business day.
• By the time the pharmacist received the
report, the only option would have been to
notify the prescribing physician and suggest
they obtain a KASPER report on the patient.
2005 Cabinet for Health and Family Services
After eKASPER
• KASPER report requested online while patient is
still in the pharmacy.
• KASPER report delivered within 15 minutes.
– 80 % of the time.
– Many reports are returned in a minute or less.
• The KASPER reports shows that the patient is
receiving the same drug from multiple doctors and
at multiple pharmacies.
• The pharmacist refuses to fill the prescription.
• The pharmacist would then contact the prescribing
physician and law enforcement regarding the
patient."

LittlePrincess
02-15-08, 02:54 AM
Okay, waffle... what you just posted about a system that tracks for multiple prescriptions or too many meds... THAT is what I was talking about. Thank you!

I'm not sure if something like that exists in Texas, but I'm thinking maybe there is. Maybe something like this is why ppl are having problems filling at CVS?

Anyway, thanks for the post!

dlmay277
02-15-08, 06:52 PM
Have any of you ever had your prescription stolen? or lost? What would they do about refills then??? I know for example, one time I acidentially dropped a bottle of my migrane meds in the toilet and they were ruined, and I took it to my doc and he wrote me another script.... would the pharmacy or insurance company comply if something like that happened????

waffle_pimp
02-15-08, 07:30 PM
lol,dlmay277,my mom said a doc (or pharmasist,can't remember which) once told her he wished that they would add a warning label to prescriptions that says "keep away from sink and toilet" because there are SO many people who claim this has happened and want a new script.
glad i could help,littleprincess,it sucks that there are SO many people out there trying to con the systom to get meds illegally.cause the when those of us that need them have the slightest problem or complication with getting or filling our scrips we get treated like criminals. i don't go to cvs at all just because of the way they acted towards me the one time i went in there. i'm lucky now i go to a pharmacy my mom used to work at so im friendly with the pharmacist and i don't have problems like that.

dlmay277
02-15-08, 07:36 PM
I havent had any issues either, so far.. lol.... Yeah, I really did do it though.. haha. Thats why I took the bottle in with the meds so he could see... It wasnt a narcotic, it was fioricets, which arent that bad.. but I had a feeling that they would think I made it up, so I brought it with me !! haha.

I would be more worried about someone stealing it.. Since it seems like there are a lot of addicts out there that try to get it illegally, and I would worry about someone trying to take it...

kwl0006
04-28-09, 03:05 PM
i filed my prescription on April 5 but the pills were stolen from my dorm about a week later. Does anyone know how soon I can get a new prescription filled in Alabama?

transcend11
04-28-09, 03:42 PM
i filed my prescription on April 5 but the pills were stolen from my dorm about a week later. Does anyone know how soon I can get a new prescription filled in Alabama?

You would need a new prescription written by your doctor.

Your insurance won't cover a new refill until your ~28 days have passed from the last fill, but if you have a new prescription the pharmacy should fill it.

Officially, you are supposed to file a police report. Then after documentation, your insurance will allow you to refill your script early and cover it.

Ruby85
04-29-09, 02:22 AM
Lock your doors, people. A friend of mine had her computer stolen from her dorm in college.

firstdesserts
04-29-09, 01:59 PM
eKASPER

Woah! 1984 all over again! Looks like I have a big brother named Kasper.