View Full Version : Can't Break Plateau??? Is it the adderall?

fredonian
02-08-08, 11:51 PM
Greetings all. I'd like to share a problem I am having on the excercise front and see if anyone can give me some helpful advice. I started my treatment for inattentive type ADD in March of last year. I was 36 at the time and weighed 290lbs. I took 15mg (same dosage as today) of Adderall XR twice a day. Since I started treatment, I adopted a healthier lifestyle of diet and exercise. I started a high intensity daily aerobic excercise program on my Nordic Track ski exerciser where as I now do an hour and fifteen minuites a day. I eat a healthier diet (mostly wheat based) of rougly 1500 calories a day. Originally when I started, I dropped 45 pounds in about 6 months. For some reason about 4 months ago I stopped loosing weight. I also noticed that my muscle tone seemed to have diminished to a large degree. My midsection also seems to be bigger than a few months ago. I can not seem to loose any more weight and I feel like I am working harder than ever. I am still doing a lot of exercise and consume less than 1500 calories a day. I feel as if I am now hitting my head on the wall. I was wondering if the adderall may be repressing growth hormone? I started worrying that it might be a cortisol issue and started taking melatonin when I go to bed to help balance it out. I have also cut back on my aerobic exercise and have divided them up into two session a day of 20 minuites each. Still not much change and I am now frustrated to the point now of going back on a low carb diet. I've even tried taking 7-keto DHEA, but quickly noticed that while on adderall, this stuff made me MEAN and GRUMPY! Any advice as to how I can get out of my rut?