View Full Version : im a exhausted but my body system is hyper and i cant sleep help please?

Guest1
02-17-08, 02:02 AM
is driving me insane always this problem and im tired im falling asleep but my body is hyper still and i yawn allot but i cant fall asleep

Scattered
02-17-08, 02:19 AM
Marytza,

Have you ever tried exercising right before bed. I know they recommend not doing that, but being the crazy ADDer I am, I've found it works better than a sleeping pill in helping me get to sleep. I think perhaps it is stimulating enough to my brain to help it shift gears into bedtime mode and it also relaxes my body and reduced my stress. It might be worth a try. Hope you find some thing that helps you get some sleep!

Guest1
02-17-08, 02:21 AM
hey ill try that tomorrow and let you know how it worked thanks againMarytza,

Have you ever tried exercising right before bed. I know they recommend not doing that, but being the crazy ADDer I am, I've found it works better than a sleeping pill in helping me get to sleep. I think perhaps it is stimulating enough to my brain to help it shift gears into bedtime mode and it also relaxes my body and reduced my stress. It might be worth a try. Hope you find some thing that helps you get some sleep!

Scattered
02-17-08, 02:28 AM
Your welcome -- hope it helps!

tom888
02-17-08, 08:59 AM
This happens to me me sometimes too, believe it or not but a little amount of stimulants (2,5-5mg Ritalin) calms my body down.... I know ADD people drinking a cup of coffee and go to bed...

In other word you need to be stimulated in order to focus on sleep/relaxation.

Sandy4957
02-18-08, 01:57 AM
That works for me. I'll wake up early, take Adderall, go back to sleep for a while, and wake up actually refreshed (for a change) and then I'm up and out the door much faster.

Scattered
02-18-08, 01:29 PM
This happens to me me sometimes too, believe it or not but a little amount of stimulants (2,5-5mg Ritalin) calms my body down.... I know ADD people drinking a cup of coffee and go to bed...

In other word you need to be stimulated in order to focus on sleep/relaxation.
Yes, the same thing happens to me -- in fact last night I took a later dose of Adderall and immediately fell asleep. Dr. Dodson explained at the ADDA conference in Orlando that the difficulty the ADD brain has in shifting gears to adjust to new tasks also applies to going to sleep -- it's a bit like when you're too tired to get up and go to bed!