View Full Version : El Paso People

amyschue
02-26-04, 06:49 PM
Ok how many of us in the forums are in or around the El Paso area? :D

Stranger
02-27-04, 11:47 AM
I'm the only one I know about (except for you).

I'm in the Upper Valley.

amyschue
02-27-04, 12:48 PM
I'm on the east side near Cielo Vista Mall.. maybe we should get together aome time

Stranger
02-28-04, 07:18 PM
I tried to do one of those meetup thingies, but I was the only one who signed up. There's gotta be more ADD people in this town!

Stranger
03-23-04, 11:28 AM
There was a nice article yesterday in the paper about adult ADD--maybe now is the time to get something started.

bnsforu2
03-23-04, 11:30 AM
go for it! :)
PAul

Energizer_Bunny
03-28-04, 07:51 PM
I looked everywhere I could guys for a support group in El Paso and could not find one. I am sorry.

However, when I was going to the Tourettes Support Meetings, there was a guy with Tourettes that wanted to meet with adults that had Tourettes. He wanted to make it more of a social thing. So what he did was he located some people and we would meet once a month at a restaurant and just eat, chat and have fun. There ended up only being four of us.

But, as a suggestion, check with your doctor and see if you can put a flyer out in his office to set something l ike this up and use your name as a contact and just do something very informal.

However, when we did it, it was for Adults with Tourettes only, and not our spouses or boyfriends or family members. We wanted a more private setting to just be open to each other and what we went through. But this would be something you would have to think through.

Stranger
03-29-04, 12:16 PM
Yep, I looked, too, and there isn't one--either here or in Las Cruces, NM, 40 miles away. So it looks like we are going to have to start one. My kids' neurologist told me he would love to see one here, but it would have to come from the people, not him.

I know there have to be more of us here than just amyschue and me. Perhaps if I got off my big fat overstuffed, er, couch and called the therapists in the phone book, I could find enough people to make it worthwhile.

FlakeyGirl
03-29-04, 12:33 PM
If you really want to do it, you could start a goal thread in Peer Coaching. That way, you'd get encouragement, ideas and have the ulimate motivator, accountability. Just a suggestion. :D