View Full Version : cant concentrate and have a paper due vent

mireeee
02-20-08, 09:46 PM
I feel the EXACT same way

So I sit here with a four page paper due tomorrow. I've been trying to make progress all day long, and still, nothing. I wish I could concentrate. I tried everything. I went to different rooms to write it. I tried a freewrite. I even took an extra ritalin (my doc said it was ok, because I took my first one early on). Still, nothing. I try, and it seems impossible. I stare at my open textbook on my desk, and I may as well just stare at teh wall. The words are as meaningful right now as the white paint. It is as though they get lost between my eyes and my mind, that is if they even get that far.

I always wanted to go to college. And here I am at UC Riverside. I guess I never thought I would get this far, so I didn't really plan ahead or think of what I would do in these situations.

And what I think the worst part is that people just dont get it. "Just try a ilttle bit harder," they'll say. And when I attempt to explain myself they still don't get it. "But why can't you just try to sit down and concentrate, like really focus on concentrating, you know?" NO! I dont' know. But I don't say that. I think to myself, "why don't you just go fly, I mean you have no wings, but maybe if you try hard enough and focus on trying to fly, you'll just be able to do it." Just as we don't have wings, I don't have whatever it is I need to "just focus." And I keep trying to explain it, and I don't expect them to understand, but it stil hurts when people treat me as lazy or as though I am making up excuses.

Sometimes my ADHD is worse then it is at other times, and this is one of those times.

(sorry had to get that out)

ah09087
02-27-08, 03:29 AM
No need to apologize. I completely understand. It can be frustrating when nobody understands what you are going through. I noticed you go to a UC which is a public school. Public schools have, in my experience, a lot more accommodations than most private schools. Are you taking advantage of any of them?