View Full Version : CLA and meds/excersise

Teedrum
02-25-08, 09:55 AM
Anyone taking/know about CLA and have experiences they want to share
(CLA - conjicated linoic acid - supposdly speeds up fat burn and metablism)

Skully
02-27-08, 06:09 PM
I have read a lot on it but have not taken it. Lots of good things being said about it. There are a lot of supplements out there to take. But truth be told, if you do not have a good diet and exercise program, weight loss will not happen no matter what you take. I say this because I have been there, done that. I have not taken it myself because my diet stinks right now. If you try it, let me know how you make out with it.

CLA is a fatty acid found in meats and dairy products and has been found to decrease bodyfat while increasing muscle mass. You will need to supplement with CLA for at least 12 weeks for effects to take. You will need to take 1-3 grams with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

thewfh
03-25-08, 10:55 PM
I originally started taking CLA b/c of information about CLA helping w/ fat loss. Now I've discovered that CLA is not fully recognized as a aid w/ fat loss....BUT more of an aid w/ reducing the potential of not gaining fat when regaining body weight. This comes from the bodybuilding forum I'm a member of. Bodybuilders use it when they are "bulking" to help w/ gaining muscle mass instead of a bunch of fat while gaining weight. It's not going to hurt you to take it daily. I take it. But now I'm not fully believing in it's fat loss benefits. That's why on the bottle I buy, it says aids in a healthy body compostion, not fat loss. At least, when I gained weight, that's when I noticed the benefits. Just FYI...

BTW, CLA doesn't speed up your metabolism. Sorry... It's just fat....but a good Omega fat.