View Full Version : I really don't have friends

Kevin16
02-28-08, 10:20 PM
At school I really don't have any friends and I don't think I'm really liked ether as I often hear about people saying things behind my back and making fun of me. In addition I also am a nerd which I consider something great although it is considered something to make fun of me amongst by fellow peers in school.

People at school are such a**holes, I mean I'm nice and likable and arguebly the nicest person around there.

I just don't get why people treat me so bad. :(

despirit
02-28-08, 10:28 PM
I had similar experiences when I was in high school. I was one of the only ones that was into computers much, so I guess I was kind of a nerd. I think self-esteem has a lot to do with it too. People seem to flock towards more assertive people.

nat_tdr
02-28-08, 11:15 PM
I have a bunch of acquaintances, but only 2 or 3 true, real IRL friends.

Matt S.
02-28-08, 11:18 PM
I have a bunch of acquaintances, but only 2 or 3 true, real IRL friends.

That was the same with me in high school, I was actually popular but I only had 2 or 3 I really liked as true friends.

Mooch
02-29-08, 12:23 AM
i didnt really fit in in high school either

but ya know what

if you go to college the nerds=cool
it's a complete and wonderful switch :)

besides if people treat you bad it's not a reflection on YOU it's a reflection on THEM
they're jealous of how cool you are ;)

zoomman
02-29-08, 01:19 AM
High school blew blue bacon chunks. Mooch is right, college was way better. Hang in there.

chconnol
03-01-08, 09:12 PM
i have 3 good friends i can count on, but i know that i have trouble making new ones.

MaleDorito
03-02-08, 04:21 AM
I never had a lot of friends in high school. My first year I hated everyone in the school. My sophomore year I was on the boxing team and I gained a little more confidence. My junior year I gained about 50 lbs and after that the way people treated me changed completely.

Find your niche, and your own group of friends. Stand up for yourself if people talk behind your back, but do it conservatively. Anyway martial arts and strength training are two things that helped me a lot, you might want to look into them. It's a good way to make a lot of friends as well.

arkyle
03-08-08, 01:11 PM
A lot of people don't like me because I say what I want to say, so sometimes I'm aggresive with people I don't like, specially hypocrits, HATE them. But I really don't care, I have real friends, inside and outside school. You do have friends, but maybe you don't see them or don't know how to keep them. You'e got to thing about how you relate to people and who likes you for what you are.

TheBrainiac
03-08-08, 02:43 PM
Contrary to popular belief most people can count their true friends on one hand. Everyone may have many acquaintences, but those who you can count on to be there for you when you need them most, those are true friends.

arkyle
03-08-08, 06:24 PM
Contrary to popular belief most people can count their true friends on one hand. Everyone may have many acquaintences, but those who you can count on to be there for you when you need them most, those are true friends.

Isn't the popular belief that people can count their true friends with one hand?
Because it is true :)

DemonWraith
04-18-08, 10:27 PM
I have only 5 true friends, everybody else is a mate or an acquaintance

LuckySe7en
06-18-08, 03:15 AM
You probably trust your own judgement and I do too, but there's always the possibility that you're just not giving yourself a chance. Why not pick up some activities especially a sport?

Don't isolate yourself as a "nerd." I myself am a nerd I guess since I love to play video games and be around computers with a passion but I also love to play on my school sports teams like tennis, basketball, track, and wrestling. :) If you're a rising sophomore it's the perfect time to get in the mix and make some new friends. Track is a great idea if you have no background in a sport (at least a casual background). Freshman year I did absolutely nothing except get through the year. It was pretty f***ing awkward for me, but freshman year counts for nothing. Sophomore year people start to settle down and you know who's what. Get out there and get involved! It's the only way you'll meet new people. There's nothing wrong with hanging out with the "nerds" but your friends make who you are and to be honest I never felt comfortable around nerds.

If you're worried about people calling you a nerd cause you love computers, it's nothing to be ashamed of. If you genuinely share the same interests or show that you want to become better in an activity like sports, people will like you and once you get to know them your ability as a computer techie might come in handy with your friends or even girls. :D

Jme`
06-18-08, 04:40 PM
At school I really don't have any friends and I don't think I'm really liked ether as I often hear about people saying things behind my back and making fun of me. In addition I also am a nerd which I consider something great although it is considered something to make fun of me amongst by fellow peers in school.

People at school are such a**holes, I mean I'm nice and likable and arguebly the nicest person around there.

I just don't get why people treat me so bad. :(

Maybe you could give yourself a chance to prove to these people how likable you actually are?

Liking computers isn't really too much of a negative for most people, I'm crazy about computers and that's barely affected my social life at all, especially negatively. It's even helped in a couple of instances where someone's needed help with something computer-related, and I've been able to help, so don't look at liking computers as so much of a negative :).

Prove them otherwise than whatever they've heard by people whispering about you, and I'm sure you'll shine :).

Michiko74
08-06-08, 04:01 PM
It's a tough world out there huh? :( And I'm guessing ADHD doesn't make things easier, huh?

First thing first; you gotta be ok with you. It might sound totally nutty, but the first friend you make is with yourself. There are people around you who might make really awesome friends. But they can't be friends with someone who doesn't think they're cool already. Chances are, you can't enjoy friendships when you're always wondering in the back of your mind what they think is neat about you.

This doesn't come overnight. It takes some time to be ok with who you are. Eventually, you'll get to a point where you'll be able to say it's ok if you say silly things, or if you're not always the 'cool' one.

When people are not cool with themselves, first thing they do is to put down other people around them. It's kind of like they're protecting themselves because of the unknown. What if someone else is cooler than they are? What if they're smarter?

You'll be ok. There will tons of parties to go to, but you gotta get ready for them.

Cheers!!

kwalk
08-08-08, 06:33 AM
"When people are not cool with themselves, first thing they do is to put down other people around them. It's kind of like they're protecting themselves because of the unknown."

I'm going to have to agree with that, it sounds kind of just like bull because you hear it a lot, but I actually had a friend confess to me that she did it to me because she had low self esteem and apologized. I didn't know what to say there! haha

I'm going to say amen to high school sucking for me as well, but I think I wasted a lot of time worrying about fitting in or how I presented myself to everyone else or the "popular" people, that I didn't actually find or look for people that really resembled me and I could have a really good time with. They are the people that really matter anyway, your best friends are the only people who are going to make a difference in your life, not the stupid people who don't give a damn to get to know you.

Anyways when you get out of high school, all the crap from there will be put behind you and you'll never see most of them again, so you might as well live it up,make a fool of yourself willingly or unwillingly, and screw the world, right?......After like 9th and 10th grade everyone kind of blends together anyway and grows up hopefully.

Walk with confidence and laugh at the stupid people who look at you funny, they don't know what the hell they're doing. They'll leave you alone if you act like you don't care.

Nerds are cute anyhow, you should have plenty of girls chasing after you!

oh yea go get **** *** drunkv as soon as you can

SuzzanneX
08-08-08, 10:21 AM
you gotta get sharp on the verbal sparring.

.........no one would mess with me in school after I put a mirror in their face.
I got so good at it, I LOOKED for people picking on other people and stopped it
by pointing out, people outta worry about their own imperfections.
.......and vulger displays of power, used against someone younger, or not as popular
is only to make themselves appear more important than you.
are weak

.....THAT means, THEY are insecure, and imperfect, and are pointing out YOUR imperfections, to keep a distraction going from their own issues.

tell em when they control themselves,
.............then you'll be able to work on yourself.
but the process is delayed by their inquiry.....you are'nt finished yet, you're a work in progress.

what a fred with no barney? a bevis with no butthead? to make you look intelligent?

another way to go is, SARCASM....I love it!

....... when people tell me I'm crazy........

I tell em, they don't know the half of it,
.................I can't even find a word to describe the magnitude of my own substandardness, nor has anyone else....
......so far, you have'nt even scratched the surface.

I'm paying a shrink..
...if you think you can diagnose me, I'll take the free advise.

OVER KILL..
.....I go ahead, over the top, and insult myself BETTER, with more humor, than they can.

I'm fat?

at least i can loose weight...
...you're stuck.

when the famine comes, I'll be sorry you're dying.
...I suggest you eat.

don't cloud the issue with facts. whats your point?

.......when they call me a druggie, I tell em, they are the only dope worth shooting.
with a big smile.

......confidence is the key, and how you carry yourself.