View Full Version : Focalin making me rigid and humorless

Matt S.
03-05-08, 08:20 PM
I have noticed that I am finding things that people say lately to be inappropriate and it feels like I am some drill sargent about being appropriate and things. I am finding this IRL and I think it is obvious on this site as well.

Today for example, my class was cancelled so I emailed my professor asking if I could give some feedback in regards to the system because it is an online class. She replied with a yes and I went on this tyrade about the senselessness of the policy and criticized every little thing about it, I then added that there is no reason why they can't hold the class if she can reply from her house, I wasn't nasty either is was like Martha Stewartish. It is like I am anal retentive about everything, rules especially. I am going to do some dosage adjustments or do a low dose of this with a low dose of Dexedrine or something because this is like having Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder it is so bad and I am liking the rest of the med's effects, so I guess I have to weigh it out.

It feels like I am spending my day interacting with everyone that I talk to (friends, family, ADDF etc) by going around and giving what they call in ASPD treatment "the prosocial **** you", like I should join some debate group or something. I am nit picking my way into this black hole and it is insane.

blueyeyore
03-05-08, 10:42 PM
I was that way when I started out on the Vyvanse...the worst part was I was leading a Focus Group at my place of work....so some people still see me as that rigid perfectionist that won't accept any less. I still am when it first kicks in, but mainly about the work I do.

I hope things get better for you Matt!!

Matt S.
03-05-08, 10:46 PM
Thanks I am sure it will eventually

blueyeyore
03-05-08, 10:52 PM
It's funny I was working on the project one day and the meeting got cut short for another mandatory departmental "development bonding thing" where we played musical chairs about what we liked and didn't like as far as food, music...so on so forth.
I was so irritated...the smokers all went outside afterwards and I was like "you know what...all play and no work makes me a very irritable person"

Do you remember becoming that nitpicky when you started the other medication?

Matt S.
03-05-08, 11:03 PM
Not as bad, this is like I don't know, have you seen the Lifetime Movie about Martha Stewart, she was just monotonous in the way she talked and nothing was good enough and she followed the slightest rule to a "T" that she made.

It is disturbing because it is out of character.

I am more patient and more motivated and I like that but I speak in a way that is really logical and cold. Funny things are inappropriate, I seem to overanalyze what people say and dig and beat at it as if it needs to be perfectly phrased because this drug makes me perfectly phrase every little thing. It makes me seem a lot more intelligent in conversations which I like but I use words that are obscure and nobody understands what I am saying and it seems like I criticize that too.

I don't direct it at people it just seems to be what they do and say, it is weird.

~boots~
03-05-08, 11:34 PM
I have noticed that I am finding things that people say lately to be inappropriate and it feels like I am some drill sargent about being appropriate and things. I am finding this IRL and I think it is obvious on this site as well.

Today for example, my class was cancelled so I emailed my professor asking if I could give some feedback in regards to the system because it is an online class. She replied with a yes and I went on this tyrade about the senselessness of the policy and criticized every little thing about it, I then added that there is no reason why they can't hold the class if she can reply from her house, I wasn't nasty either is was like Martha Stewartish. It is like I am anal retentive about everything, rules especially. I am going to do some dosage adjustments or do a low dose of this with a low dose of Dexedrine or something because this is like having Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder it is so bad and I am liking the rest of the med's effects, so I guess I have to weigh it out.

It feels like I am spending my day interacting with everyone that I talk to (friends, family, ADDF etc) by going around and giving what they call in ASPD treatment "the prosocial **** you", like I should join some debate group or something. I am nit picking my way into this black hole and it is insane.
FUNNILY, I was going to ask today how you are on the new meds :)
I did notice you a *tad* Sergeant Majorish :p

Apart from that, how's it going?