View Full Version : Im getting fat... help!

JhnZ71
03-06-08, 09:17 AM
When I started taking adderal it took my appetite away and I actually lost a few pounds. But now I am an eating machine, I am afraid to work out on adderal. Could I try alli? Also, I am so busy that I dont really have time to work out. HELP!

WildLlama
03-06-08, 09:30 AM
Could I try alli? Also, I am so busy that I dont really have time to work out. HELP!

I currently use Alli. It is good to take and I fully recommend it. BUT... you still have to exercise. There is no "Magic Weight Loss" pill out there. You still have to eat right... and exercise.

~boots~
03-06-08, 09:36 AM
When I started taking adderal it took my appetite away and I actually lost a few pounds. But now I am an eating machine, I am afraid to work out on adderal. Could I try alli? Also, I am so busy that I dont really have time to work out. HELP!
I'm getting fatter by the day:(

Ulukabulu
03-06-08, 04:10 PM
Even light exercise like walking can be enough to help keep the pounds off if you're consistent about it. Otherwise I've successfully lost weight and kept it off just by looking at the quality of the food I eat rather than worrying too much about the amount.

Make your first priority to get enough fruit and vegetables into your diet - by whatever means necessary! Experiment with as many different types of fruit and veg and as many different recipes for 'em as you can to find what you like. You need 5 serves of veg (1/2 cup of cooked veg or a cup of salad leaves = 1 serve) and 2 serves of fruit daily.

Don't know about you, but after eating that much, and adding a bit of protein to the main meal and a few slices of bread/toast or a bit of pasta or rice to each meal, I'm pretty well full enough to resist the lure of the sugary and fatty goodies and the takeout (that's takeaway to you, Tracy) ;) If still hungry, I might have a handful of nuts, a cheese (or vegemite!) sandwich and/or a glass of milk.

qinkin
03-08-08, 06:38 PM
yeah, we go through experimentation.. I keep away from stuff that leaves me feeling intoxicated..

tha's about it.. just beware of intoxication.. as far as I go..

converting to vegetarianism (not veganism) will keep you from eating saturated fats... Milk and cheese are good in moderation (perhaps low fat??) . . .

as for dairy, it doesn't really get better than YOGURT..

And don't pass up opportunities to get away from the house for awhile (away from the food! unless you want to spend monies)

But! Drink 8-10 water glasses a day (really helps digestion and detrimental to functioning)

TEA!!! yes one cup a day!

bliss22
03-15-08, 09:49 PM
A pill will never help you stay thin in the long run... I know you've heard that one before, but it's true. It might help for a couple years, but you'll keep running into the same problem for the rest of your life unless you learn how to establish a healthy eating routine.

I know that not everyone will agree with me, but I think that establishing a vegan lifestyle is the best way to stay slim for the long haul.

Eat lots of vegetables, salads, fruits, legumes, soy yogurt, soup, brown rice, etc..and try to stay away from refined foods. Drink more water, less soda, less alcohol, and less high fructose corn syrup.

Also, I am so busy that I dont really have time to work out.

^ That is the oldest excuse in the book. :p There's always time. And if you don't have time to make a special trip to the gym, just try to incorporate physical activity throughout the day. Wear a pedometer and try to strive for 5 miles throughout the day. Do 15 minutes of pilates before you go to bed.

Little amounts of exercise add up -- and when you think about it, really, how hard is it to squeeze 30 minutes of exercise into one day?? ;)

bliss22
03-15-08, 09:51 PM
p.s- Before you take Alli, make sure that you understand how it works. ...All it does is prevent the absorption of fats. I have two friends who took Alli, and they ended up with explosive diarrhea. haha.

(Seriously. They said that it was uncontrollable.)

:p

edgec0
03-19-08, 01:50 AM

Eating machine? It has both pros and cons (I won't go into full out detail). I can help you out with your diet, you just have to be able to put in about an hour and a half of lifting and running a day. Do this, not only will you be in great shape, but your clothes won't fit because your muscles will be growing and your fat will be cut down.

I still haven't gotten used to my eating patterns yet. I won't eat for 5 days, then I'll binge my butt off. I'm slowly getting back on to what I was doing, so I feel your pain.

Your body can only attain a certain amount of nutrients each meal, the rest is just turned to waste. This especially happens when you intake LARGE meals. What you're doing (I'm guessing your eating habits) is probably taking about 1000-1500 maybe even 2000 calories a meal. Now just do the math. If you are eating 3x a day at 1500 calories, you're intaking 4500 calories. That sounds like a low number right? Yep, it is. But in the wrong way.

When you eat 3 LARGE meals, your body gets to the point where it absorbs a certain amount of nutrients, turns the rest to waste/stores it as fat, and then you feel hungry later on. Your body rinses then repeats and so on. The best way to stop this is to eat 5-6 SMALL meals a day, around, 400-500 calories. What this does is it lets your body absorb all the nutrients without really turning things to waste, then the next time your meal comes around you don't feel hungry, but you know you need the nutrients, etc. Basically you are keeping your body full with plenty of nutrients, but you can cut down how much you intake because how frequently you intake things.

I could go into greater detail. I tried to make it as easy as it sounds, which is actually a lot tougher than you think.

I could also calculate what you need to intake, how much, what times, etc. You just HAVE to be able to work out in some way.

Also, post your diet up here. What times you eat, what you eat, etc.

Chelsea17
03-21-08, 08:57 PM
Drink lots and lots of water! Plus it is good for your skin. Also, eat slowly ;)

qinkin
03-22-08, 03:35 PM
Your body can only attain a certain amount of nutrients each mealthat's very important to understand.. if you realize this, as I do, it stops from gourging, cuz' it's pointless, and leaves less yummies for later on:)

Drink more water, less soda, less alcohol, and less high fructose corn syrup. ah yes, i don' drink anything really, 'cept water.. and eating a piece a fruit can satisfy my cravings for something sweet (w/no fat and a heaping of nutrients)..

happy trails peeps

adhdogwalker
03-25-08, 12:15 AM
I would suggest eating more protein. I used to be a vegetarian, but had to discontinue it after 7 years because I found out I had Celiac's disease (can't have gluten which is in wheat, oats, barley, rye). Anyhow, I now eat lots of protein-- meat, fish, nuts, cheese. I also make sure to have fruits & veggies (I love them). I have been forced to cut out all the processed carbs & rarely eat any rice or other grains. I stay full much longer and have more energy than before. I'm also thinner. My mother also has Celiac's and lost 30 lbs. without trying by eating a high protein diet. I am physically active all day and I find that eating a lot of protein gives me the energy to walk dogs 8-10 hrs. a day. Even if you don't have time to exercise, if you switch to a high protein diet, you might find that you eat less because you stay full longer. Hopefully that'll help you lose whatever amount of weight you want to. Everyone's different, so this suggestion might be useless to you, but I thought I'd share.

arkyle
06-11-08, 05:11 PM
Eat yogurt, it's delicious, nutritive, and will fill your stomach for several hours. It's a great long-lasting brain-food also.

I'm on vacation (well, half, I've to attend to school for summer delayed subjects) and now I have almost the whole afternoon for myself; I do weight training three times a week and swim or so a little spinn the other days. Doing homework or studying after exercising is great!