View Full Version : Balance Disorder - Testing

VisualImagery
03-07-08, 03:33 AM
Monday, March 10 I have extensive testing for my balance disorder at the Dizzy-Balance Center at the Department of Otolaryncology at Washington University Medical School in St. Louis, MO.

Hoping for answers soon. Been a long battle with this. Hopefully answers are coming soon.

Concerta has been a blessing, it helps with the cognitive dysfunction caused by balance disorders. They use the same part of the brain.

Will be back here after the testing to let you all know what they learn. Would appreciate you keeping me in your thoughts and hearts. 3 more days...... Had a good day today, first in months. Antidepressant must be doing its job!

Sorry I have not been here much, it has been a really tough time. Had to focus on getting better physically and recover from depression. Desipramine is working very well for me. HUGS to you all, take care, be back soon.

VI

QueensU_girl
03-07-08, 06:19 AM
did you ever get an MRI or CT?

That table tilting test?

Could those show anything?

FrazzleDazzle
03-07-08, 08:13 PM
Will be thinking of you on Monday, and hope you are able to get some answers really soon, you've been at this way long enough.

And, your presence is definitely missed here. Thanks for checking in and asking us to think of you. :-)

VisualImagery
03-11-08, 08:55 PM
Thanks so much for the good thoughts you all had for me!!!! Sorry I didn't get back to update you all. The testing was rescheduled for yesterday. Things have been very hard and draining with this disorder. Today was my first good day since about mid-November. Have to be careful not to overdo things since activity tends to trigger an episode.

It will be up to 10 days until results are in but my new doc and the audiologist both think my migraines may play a significant role in the disorder. I could have the results sooner and will let you all know as soon as I know. This has been a long battle, it is well over a year since the episodes got really bad. Thankfully I was able to have some episode free times and got to travel to Australia. Hoping to get back to my nordic trekking if at all possible and continue my job search once I have answers and treatment.

HUGS to you all, take care,
VI

FrazzleDazzle
03-11-08, 10:21 PM
Was looking for an update today, VI. Hope you get some solutions coming soon. Hang in there. :-)

((((HUGS))))

VisualImagery
03-15-08, 04:56 AM
Still waiting Frazz, thanks so much for caring. HUGS

I do see Dr. E on Tuesday. My left ear tube is plugged and I think I might have a bit of an infection. Had a bad balance episode today--because I did some housework and was running up and down the stairs and cleaning out shelves.

I need flight clearance for our trip to California. Don't ask if it will be fun. It could go either way.