View Full Version : Happy & confused

Chelsea17
03-08-08, 04:45 PM
Hi all,
I am so happy to have found this forum! :) I am currently in 11th grade. Now, let me explain some of my issues that I have with school and social settings. First off, I have not been diagnosed with any disorder yet. I feel as though I have ADHD. I am confused though...

I feel different than my peers. I feel behind everyone & like I always do things after everyone else does. I have a decent amount of friends in school & a few true friends outside of school. I am just starting to find my niche in High School this year, it took me awhile.

Sometimes I say things I do not mean to say in front of my friends and feel embarrassed after. People say I am immature. I feel as if I am the combined type of ADHD. Homework is something that I cannot complete unless it is due the next day. I procrastinate everything, when I am doing homework I cannot stay focused. I get up to get a snack or sharpen my pencil.

In school, I have had many issues with teacher relationships. I always have one teacher where I "clash" with her. Last year I had to have a meeting with my parents and teacher for being disruptive. I frequently get yelled at for calling out answers, and I really cannot help myself from doing this. The other day, I got yelled at by a teacher, she told me that I get to hyper and excited in class. She said I was a chatterbox. I love to stand while working, the teachers don't understand and neither do my peers. I feel different then most kids my age. I cannot wait my turn, I get mad waiting in line for things. Instead I just butt in the middle of a conversation or change the subject, my friends get frustrated with me. Sometimes I feel jerky and twitch, I don't know why?

I LOVE to move, I focus better. I fiddle with objects in class to help me focus. I also, find myself staring at others and I become to warped into what they are doing & just sit there and stare. If a task is too hard for me , I give up and just stop doing it. I am always shy to ask for help in class. Lately, I have found myself looking away when teachers or people in general talk to me. I KNOW there is something not right. I don't want to bore you all by listing all my symptoms but I just wanted to reach out to you all and see what you think.

Thanks in advance...I look forward to "meeting" everyone on board! ;)

Always,
Chelsea

Luthien
03-08-08, 05:03 PM
hey welcome :)

livinginchaos
03-11-08, 11:59 PM
hi Chelsea!!

Welcome! are you considering getting eval'ed for ADHD? It sounds like a possibility. . . .

ADDAWAY
03-12-08, 12:52 AM
:cool: Love the shades! :cool:

Check out
http://www.additudemag.com/adhd/article/1657.html

Also, do a search with the word teens in that site.

Bluerose
03-12-08, 12:54 AM
Hi! Welcome to the board.

Teedrum
03-12-08, 01:42 AM
adhd shows itself diffrent in girls. It sounds like its impacting your life quiet a bit now. I would let your doc know about your concers. If it is adhd they can give you a diagnosis and you already have an awesome resource here. what do your parents think?

4gotAgain
03-12-08, 01:48 AM
hey chelsea.
welcome to the forums. hope you enjoy it here.
have u thought about going to the doctors and getting it checked out?

Chelsea17
03-12-08, 05:31 PM
hi Chelsea!!

Welcome! are you considering getting eval'ed for ADHD? It sounds like a possibility. . . .

Thanks livinginchaos! My mom is looking into possible resources to help find out more info...my teachers think it may be possibility as well...we are kind of in the waiting game...

Chelsea17
03-12-08, 05:32 PM
:cool: Love the shades! :cool:

Check out
http://www.additudemag.com/adhd/article/1657.html

Also, do a search with the word teens in that site.

Thanks & Thanks!!!!!!!:)

Chelsea17
03-12-08, 05:32 PM
Hi! Welcome to the board.

Thanks! :D

Chelsea17
03-12-08, 05:34 PM
adhd shows itself diffrent in girls. It sounds like its impacting your life quiet a bit now. I would let your doc know about your concers. If it is adhd they can give you a diagnosis and you already have an awesome resource here. what do your parents think?

Well, my dad has ADD...they both think I have it, it is impacting my life now more than ever... Thanks for the advice. :)

Chelsea17
03-12-08, 05:35 PM
hey chelsea.
welcome to the forums. hope you enjoy it here.
have u thought about going to the doctors and getting it checked out?

Thanks! I am in the process & waiting to see a Ped.

Fuse
03-13-08, 08:37 PM
Hey Chelsea, sounds like stuff similar to what I went through in high school - especially being behind in "getting" things, social problems, and clashing with authority (mainly because I'd ask 'why' too much).

That's not to say I am/was dumb, and by the sounds of it, you certainly aren't either. I think it's good that you've decided to check out ADHD (certainly sounds like it!). If you do find out you have it, things can only get better from there (and while only half the solution, meds can be a GREAT help... but they require some trial and error over a month or two).

:D

ADDAWAY
03-13-08, 08:42 PM
Fuse struck the match right on the wick!

It takes effort, expertise and time to get to the "right" med/dosage/alternative treatment. Hang in there.:cool:

Sandy4957
03-15-08, 07:29 PM
Hey, Chelsea,

I only now realized that you're in high school, Kiddo! For some reason I assumed that you were in college. Hope all is well with you and that you get some information soon.

Sandy

Chelsea17
03-21-08, 08:36 PM
Hey, Chelsea,

I only now realized that you're in high school, Kiddo! For some reason I assumed that you were in college. Hope all is well with you and that you get some information soon.

Sandy

Hey Sandy! No worries...wait are you a teacher? I am so sorry I just got your private message now.