View Full Version : Gadgets to help teenager?

Addafrica
03-14-08, 02:32 PM
I was reading through everything is there anything (other than the watch) that would work well for a teenager with ADD in a class set-up? I am thinking PDA or one of those new small laptops. I was even thinking a voice recorder ANYTHING to catch the homework! LOL
Bearing in mind the risk that it is going to get lost

FrazzleDazzle
03-14-08, 11:08 PM
Most phones now have a voice-notes capability and would be more inconspicuous. But my son won't use that either, it would be dorky or something. You need to find out what accommodations or other gadgets they will allow in the classrooms and the teachers will approve of first off, but then the kids always risk theft or ridicule over something that is too obvious, even an agenda. IHow motivated is your teen? f you find something that works for your teen, post right here, I'll be interested too for my teen! :-)

wifeandmom
03-15-08, 12:12 AM
All four in my family now use the Tmobile Dash (aka HTC Excalibur) for our phones. (the fourth person just switched from a Sidekick) They use Windows Mobile with mobile versions of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. The Assistant Principal said DD could use it as a planner/personal organizer if she'd bring it in and show him how it worked (she's had it since December and hasn't done that yet.) DD isn't very good about putting things in the calendar (like assignments), but I'm at least able to put in reminders for doctor's appointments, vacation dates, etc. in MY phone, then send them to hers. She doesn't put much in on her own, but she's very happy to use it for text messaging, though!

It also does voice notes, video, bluetooth and USB sync, etc.