View Full Version : Does my website suck?

Jett
03-15-08, 08:38 PM
I have been feeling very depressed since last night. Someone left a comment on my website and said that they don't like my site.

The address is http://gtilley.piczo.com

Do you think it sucks?

livinginchaos
03-15-08, 08:58 PM
if you like it, then that's all that should matter :)

Andrew
03-15-08, 09:03 PM
Agrees

Luthien
03-15-08, 09:11 PM
different people like different things. I like really minimalistic websites like john baez' stuff (http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/) - but that's just me. So some people out there will love your website and others won't. If you have a possibility for people to leave a comment, sooner or later someone will leave a rude remark. Some people just like to be rude .. they have no consideration for the emotions of others.
It's not nice, but there is little that you can do about it. If you are really sensitive about it. maybe you could disable the comments section, or try and realise that someone who deliberately says something derogatory about a private website is not worth bothering about - and much less feeling depressed about.

Andrew
03-15-08, 09:14 PM
Nicely put!

Imnapl
03-15-08, 10:41 PM
Jett, I really enjoyed all of the 'of the day' categories on your website.

roly poly
03-15-08, 11:18 PM
try and realise that someone who deliberately says something derogatory about a private website is not worth bothering about - and much less feeling depressed about.
I agree, there are rude people everywhere, and they really aren't worth your negative feelings.

FrazzleDazzle
03-15-08, 11:32 PM
Hey, your website is YOU. And nobody else. I like to see the manifestations of people's creativity. It makes it nicer to know what is inside a person and what they are about. That is what I like about creative endeavers, tho they may not always suit ME personally, I like that they take a brave bold step and put their inner selves out there. So, I like that I can get to know more about you by seeing your website. And, I like your website too. It's colorful, personal, not too cluttered. Cute. :p

~Ødd~Scr~θθball
03-18-08, 11:00 AM
Hi Jett, :)I Like your website very much. Please don't let someone else's negative opinion validate Your feelings about yourself or your website. When I looked at it I got an immediate image of Someone~You Hon, that cares about the environment, Animals and an interest in what is happening in this old world of ours beyond your community. I also saw you have a Great sense of humor have a Creative mind and you're a person who enjoys so many of the simple but important pleasures naysayers take for granted.
I always wonder about what kind of misery the naysayers in this world are suffering when they go to such lengths to intentionally hurt someone else's feelings.
Jett, You've got a website to be proud of and the one who wrote that mean~spirited message is not worthy of any consideration . Hit that delete button erase them from your thoughts. Revel that You are you and care enough to write and share what is important and makes You happy.

Your website definitely put a Smile on my face.:D
Here's:
{{{{Hugs, Smiles :D:D:D:D and, Cheers to Chase those Gloomy Clouds and let Sunshine and Rainbows Brighten your Skies :D }}}}

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mary
03-18-08, 02:47 PM
I have been feeling very depressed since last night. Someone left a comment on my website and said that they don't like my site.

Do you think it sucks?

Jett, I absolutely love your page. Please do not let anyone tear down your defenses. You have everything on there that I find interesting. I love dolphins and the sea and cats and dogs. I have most of my pets neutered/spayed.. still working on the last few. But keep up the great work and please keep sharing your passions with the rest of us.

p.s. maybe you could make it so posts have to be approved before it is posted.

SuzzanneX
03-18-08, 03:31 PM
it's beautiful to look at.

....you know, they said bob dylan could'nt sing.

did it stop him?

they said madonna was a *****.

...did it stop her?

not everyone likes my website either...
..............and I don't want em anyway if they don't.

don't worry about it. *smiles*

you're supposed to be having fun.

...if you want I'll link you as an affiliate on my board.

I got alot of loved ones, and a methology christian church.

they would be intrested in it.

peace.

Swede63
03-18-08, 03:38 PM
hey kuddos to you for even creating the web site. That takes time and dedication not to mention creativity.

Mary
03-18-08, 04:51 PM

Do you think it sucks?

Thanks for just being...YOU!!!

Jett
03-18-08, 09:36 PM
Thanks everyone! Your kind words mean a lot to me.

~Ødd~Scr~θθball
03-19-08, 09:19 AM
Thank~You, Jett for sharing not only your website with us but trusting enough to share your feelings with us. :D It Always makes me furious when others deliberately set out to hurt someone else's feelings. and unfortunately bullies don't just hang around school corridors and playgrounds. Just remember Jett, your friends will make you feel good that You are you. Unique and Special: In short:

Jett, is a Funtastic Wonderful, Creative Person and I also Like your Cute Smilin' and Dancing Snoopy Avatar. :D:D:D

Cheers and Smiles..:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D......Yeah!!!!