View Full Version : Sticking to just one guy?

brittalitt
03-16-08, 10:34 PM
That def seems to be one of my biggest problems right now.. I haven't been in a relationship in months because I can never seem to stick it out with just one guy. Most people consider it really complicated talking to so many boys at once.. and I'm talking 7 or 8 and I never dated any of them but have talked about it with half of them. At some point in time they all seem to bore me on a serious level and when they do, I move on to the next one waiting in line.. I'm waiting for that line to short out and I'll end up being some old hag who used to be a player in her day. But that's not who I am.. I dont' "play" guys for the fun of it, that's just how it seems to turn out to be.

This makes me feel horrible, but am I the only one who gets bored extremely easily?

livinginchaos
03-29-08, 12:52 AM
brittalit,

I'm so sorry no one has replied to you!! I was like that in college - a serial dater. I had a lot of first and second dates, but if a guy bored me - he was out the door. Then, I met a very special guy. He held my interest for a while (until we broke-up for other reasons).

I think it's better to date around than to settle. Just have fun dating!

Mincan
03-29-08, 01:21 AM
I feel like you, but a guy,

QueensU_girl
03-29-08, 08:40 PM
re: #1

Upfront, make it VERBALLY clear (crystal) that you are NOT interested in them.

Then you will not look like a player. (Or get a reputation.)

It's easy for girls to get a rep as a **** even if it's just b/c people THINK she is pretty (aka must be sexually active with guys she's seen with), or b/c people WANT to brag (falsely) they were with her.

When I was in HS, I tried to date guys from OTHER HS's for this reason. Who wants rumors going around their HS?

Driver
03-29-08, 09:07 PM
You're young so you've got plenty of years ahead of you.

With guys, it's not until they've reached 21-25 that the love spuds loosen their grip on the brain and the guy is free to start leading an enriching life outside of impressing girls and breaking stuff.

Just enjoy life, have fun and don't stress about what people think. Once high school is over, reputations are cleared and the masks people wear are cast aside. It's a different world once school is over.

QueensU_girl
03-29-08, 09:14 PM
re: #5 (Driver)

I'd strongly agree.

Don't focus on guys: focus on sports and extra-curricular (self development/self knowledge) and student government and school.

Young guys are a waste of time. (too immature; just want one thing)

Even their brains are immature until 25. (Male brains take longer to mature.)

Focus on yourself... (It will get you a better partner in the LT, too)

edgec0
04-01-08, 01:55 AM
Heeeeeyyy! I'm young I'm not a waste of time, lol.

As a male, I get bored easily with women. Being in a fraternity (no I'm not a drunk a-hole) and being so outgoing has made it easy for me to find a lot of women to talk to. I just don't find the right ones and it's very frustrating. I guess I have to find someone who can keep up with me, which would be almost impossible, I think.

I wouldn't feel bad about it at all. If I'm right on how they bore you, I'd guess they are trying to impress you in ways you're used to. And coming from a guy, they need to figure that out alone if so (trust me, a guy should know when they take it too far). But if it's something else, My advice: Just tell them straight up. I find it's the best way to tell women that, and they don't take it harsh at all (well not all). I see it as constructive criticism almost. I mean think about it, they won't disrespect you because you basically told them you're not leading them on, and if they think so it's their fault.

It's better to give a hand instead of letting them pull up on one.

Paws13
09-28-08, 03:14 PM
All my friends lately have accused me of serial dating. But my issue is that I find an issue with the boy after maybe a month of dating. Or in the case of my last boyfriend, days...

One big piece of advice I can give you is to get to know the guy really well before dating him. Then you probably won't be so bored. But hey, good luck to you!

capetorial
12-18-08, 03:12 AM
i was like this. still am. ages 12-18 (im 18 now) i played girls. dont know why, im not a manwhore cuz i dont sex em (ok, ive had intercourse w/ 2, 1 of wich im still w/ and i waited 1yr+ for both). ppl here arent rly understanding imo, its more of an addiction w/ me atleast. its not that i want lotsa girls, its that for w/e reason i just wanna get a girl, like im being challenged that i cant if i see slight opportunity -- to put in perspective, if i havent been warned by a mod NOT TO, i would be hitting on u britt.

please note i have a gf and we have intercourse, thusly voiding any/all attempts to get w/ any girls here

Driver
12-18-08, 03:37 AM
i was like this. still am. ages 12-18 (im 18 now) i played girls. dont know why, im not a manwhore cuz i dont sex em (ok, ive had intercourse w/ 2, 1 of wich im still w/ and i waited 1yr+ for both). ppl here arent rly understanding imo, its more of an addiction w/ me atleast. its not that i want lotsa girls, its that for w/e reason i just wanna get a girl, like im being challenged that i cant if i see slight opportunity -- to put in perspective, if i havent been warned by a mod NOT TO, i would be hitting on u britt.

please note i have a gf and we have intercourse, thusly voiding any/all attempts to get w/ any girls here

The mysterious driving force of which you speak is merely your under-stimulated ADD brain getting off on hunting girls.