View Full Version : Something better than Vyvanse?

Lailey
03-17-08, 05:04 PM
Is there anything out there that is better than vyvanse? It wears off so quickly for me and it's getting frustrating. What is some of the best meds for ADHD?

ventyourpain2k5
03-17-08, 05:06 PM
Vyvanse is supposed to last all day. Have you tried upping the dose?

Lailey
03-17-08, 05:26 PM
No. I'm not sure what my psych will do. Thanks :)

Mincan
03-17-08, 05:58 PM
Dexedrine?

GuardianAngel
03-17-08, 06:13 PM
there really isnt a "rush" like with Adderall or any of the other stimulant based meds. are you sure it is wearing off...

also what do you eat in the morning when you take your vyvanse, as well how much water do you drink with it?

Lailey
03-18-08, 11:35 AM
there really isnt a "rush" like with Adderall or any of the other stimulant based meds. are you sure it is wearing off...

also what do you eat in the morning when you take your vyvanse, as well how much water do you drink with it?

Vyvanse is the only ADHD medication I've tried so I can't relate to the "rush". Vyvanse, when it seems to be working for me, allows me to gather my thoughts enough to look at my everyday tasks and not feel overwhelmed. It allows me to look at a job and do it; no thinking about where to start or even how to start. My house (I'm a stay at home mom) is usually a wreck and completely disorganized. In the first few hours after I take Vyvanse; it seems to be almost easy for me to do these things. Not only does it help me focus on what needs to be done, it also helps in the fact that I actually want to do these things b/c I'm really not a lazy person and I truly do want to accomplish these things. I think of myself as almost 'normal'.

I drink plenty of water with it and I try to have enough to eat (namely, protein). Sometimes it just doesn't happen b/c I have a weak stomach in the mornings and it takes me a while to eat and even then it isn't a lot, however, I did make my self drink a protein shake a few days ago with had 31gr protein. The lasting effects were no better.

I feel like a broken record here asking everyone about vyvanse and it's effectiveness. Sorry! :o

GuardianAngel
03-18-08, 01:45 PM
Alot of times with vyvanse you dont "Feel" it working it just does....

that is a problem for alot of people who take/took adderall etc... because they in many cases judge effectiveness on how they "feel"

the above is merely my opinion from what I have seen / read.

The D
03-18-08, 10:43 PM
I had the same problem with Vyvanse. worked great for me for about 6 hours, then crashed hard. Wanted to add a Dexedrine kicker in but my Pdoc wanted me to try Adderall. Not working as well but since is an IR I take twice a day, at least there is no hard crash either. I think I am going to ask to go back on Vyvanse and add the kicker though. BTW-I definitely felt a kick from Vyvanse unlike the other poster. It also made me actually want to go to work, and want to to talk to people, etc. I would consider the same if I were you. Just a thought.