View Full Version : Just started Focalin XR

chalupa
03-25-08, 12:32 PM
I was recently diagnosed with ADHD, and my pdoc prescribed 10 mg of Focalin XR daily. Yesterday, when I first took it, I noticed I was jittery. Today I'm jittery, my mouth is dry, and I feel unmotivated and uninterested. I feel unstable and uncoordinated, and even though I'm hungry I don't feel like eating, and it's not just because I don't feel like preparing food. I don't feel like doing things I normally love, such as watching movies, and my brain is buzzing as it always has. I haven't noticed any positive effects of Focalin. Has anyone else experienced this? My pdoc was going to prescribe Adderall, but he had some sort of discount thing for Focalin so my mom chose Focalin. Would Adderall be better?

nicky818
04-02-08, 06:44 PM
My son was on adderrall for about 6 months and to say it was inconsistent is the understatement of the year. He was also extremely moody and irritable and the rebound was awful (but that's him-I'm saying everying will have the same effects). The adderral would only last him 4-5 hours max (and that's XR) I finally switched drs and he prescribed Focalin XR (starting at 5mg) and I've already seen a significant improvement in irritability as well as it seems to last a good 7 hours. I can still tell when he comes off of it because he starts getting antsy but it's a definite improvement. I even spoke to his teacher today (he's in Kinder) and she feels he's been more on track this week than previously so all's good. Good luck - I know how frustrating it can get - I think we all hope for a miracle pill that will help.

brewskijmu
04-07-08, 10:33 AM
i also just started on focalin xr 10 mg added to my wellbutrin xl 300 mg. so far it's been ok - a few headaches at first but this is day 4 and i don't think i can really tell a big difference in my attention. i think my heart was racing extra on the first day but that seems to be better now. i'm in no hurry to go up in dosage so i'm going to see how this goes, but i'm also wondering if maybe another like adderall at a low dose would be more effective.

insanet
04-09-08, 04:20 PM
classic symptoms. not a good thing it can do damage. you should find another treatment whether it be pharma or not just something that discomforts you. just remember look stuff up your self and never give the pharma companies the benefit of the doubt.