View Full Version : 140mg of Vyvanse

ZappedMind
04-04-08, 11:17 PM
A few weeks ago, I was taking some Tylenol cause I wasn't feeling good. I usually take 1500mg or 3 pills. The Tylenol I have just happens to be two-toned color, similar to my Vyvanse. So, one morning I woke up and I dumped three pills of Vyvanse in my hand and since I can only do one pill out a time (pill retard) I took one pill, took another pill, and I thought to myself... WHY am I taking Tylenol, I didn't mean to take Tylenol. Then I thought, OH WELL, and I started to chug the 3rd pill and just before I put it in my mouth I stopped and looked at the pill and thought.... this is Vyvanse... oh crap! Did I just take two?

Sadly, it was on a weekend and either was sick or was just getting over getting sick and so I can't provide any real feedback on my productivity on such a high dose... but while I knew all day that things where different and I did feel more "wired", it never matched my Adderall "wired" feeling, not even close. But, the only thing I remember about it is thinking at some point the day, "this isn't good".... hopefully I won't do it again.

When I was on Adderall XR and sometimes I'd come to a point that I needed to get things done today OR ELSE crap would hit the fan type thing, and I'd take 60mg with about a 2 hour offset between the two 30mg for a given day and kick things out. I only did this probably 4 times ever, but Vyvanse was still as muted at the higher dose... but I KNEW it was in my system and something was different... I just could never put my finger on it.

neoamd
04-04-08, 11:34 PM
A few weeks ago, I was taking some Tylenol cause I wasn't feeling good. I usually take 1500mg or 3 pills. The Tylenol I have just happens to be two-toned color, similar to my Vyvanse. So, one morning I woke up and I dumped three pills of Vyvanse in my hand and since I can only do one pill out a time (pill retard) I took one pill, took another pill, and I thought to myself... WHY am I taking Tylenol, I didn't mean to take Tylenol. Then I thought, OH WELL, and I started to chug the 3rd pill and just before I put it in my mouth I stopped and looked at the pill and thought.... this is Vyvanse... oh crap! Did I just take two?

Sadly, it was on a weekend and either was sick or was just getting over getting sick and so I can't provide any real feedback on my productivity on such a high dose... but while I knew all day that things where different and I did feel more "wired", it never matched my Adderall "wired" feeling, not even close. But, the only thing I remember about it is thinking at some point the day, "this isn't good".... hopefully I won't do it again.

When I was on Adderall XR and sometimes I'd come to a point that I needed to get things done today OR ELSE crap would hit the fan type thing, and I'd take 60mg with about a 2 hour offset between the two 30mg for a given day and kick things out. I only did this probably 4 times ever, but Vyvanse was still as muted at the higher dose... but I KNEW it was in my system and something was different... I just could never put my finger on it.

I did 140mg of Vyvanse along with 40mg of IR generics. I'd compare the Vyvanse to ephedrine @ 50mg. Nothing worth writing home about but worth letting the doc know it isn't for me.

Also Vyvanse seem to last for shorter peroids the longer I take it. Diet is stable, workouts are good, etc. I guess I could ask the doc about trying 190mg of vyvanse but waiting for it to work is irritating. :mad:

Hell maybe dex next for me. Won't hurt.

ZappedMind
04-05-08, 06:05 AM
My blood pressure can't take much over my current doses... otherwise I'd be on a higher dose of Adderall XR.

hollywood
04-05-08, 10:51 AM
I was on 70mg of vyvanse and got limited results, ...Today I'm taking 120 mg of Vyvanse and seemingly nothing. My doc told me that I could try up to 225mg of the vyvanse until I had a therapeutic response.

neoamd
04-05-08, 05:42 PM
My blood pressure can't take much over my current doses... otherwise I'd be on a higher dose of Adderall XR.

What is the reason your blood is so high?

neoamd
04-05-08, 05:46 PM
I was on 70mg of vyvanse and got limited results, ...Today I'm taking 120 mg of Vyvanse and seemingly nothing. My doc told me that I could try up to 225mg of the vyvanse until I had a therapeutic response.

I would change docs if mine would only script me for Vyvanse. Takes to long to work and even at 140mg it just felt like "Coffee XR". I need a medication that does more than keep me awake.

ZappedMind
04-06-08, 06:52 AM
What is the reason your blood is so high?

This is common side effect to these meds, although Vyvanse raises it LESS than Adderall. If my meds are not "in effect" (wore off) then my BP is normal. So, without the meds, my BP is just fine.

heretic
04-07-08, 08:22 AM
i take 90mg a day, but it really only works so i notice it for a couple of hours.
Going to see the doc today, so hopefully he'll up my dose or something. He didn't last month, just told me to take the meds 2 hours before I eat breakfast. (1. that's hard to pull off. 2. it didn't make a difference.)