View Full Version : Anyone familiar with Dr. Cathal Grant in Bedford?

Halite
04-13-08, 06:03 PM
Has anyone here had any experiences with Dr. Cathal Grant, or his associates Dr. Martin Fisher and Dr. Hadi Tajani? I'm thinking about making an appointment with them to treat ADD and anxiety, but I'm incredibly nervous about going to a doctor that I know almost nothing about.

Anny
08-12-08, 04:48 PM
I am an LPC who refers to Dr. Grant and to a lesser extent, Dr. Fisher. They are really nice and great doctors to work with. The people who I refer to them are happy with their treatment. Dr. Tajani is good, too.
Hope this helps!
Anny

Band Bodyguard
12-30-08, 03:34 AM
I was referred to Dr. Grant by my family doctor for insomnia issues. Dr. grant found no depression issues and prescribed Ambien.
All my follow-up appointments are now with one of his nurse practitioners, Cheryl Tiblets. During a session, she made the diagnosis of ADD and prescribed the appropriate medication. It's wonderful not to reread pages of a novel to recall certain things. It's great to be able to ride in a pack of motorcycles without endangering everyone else.
I thank Dr. Grant and all his staff.

hattrick58
07-16-09, 05:09 PM
Cathal came over from the UK and established a thriving business. One problem w/ Cathal is most people only see him once. Then they get shuffled off to someone else to sling the drugs. Another problem, they very seldom are on time. This is because he has a tremendous amount of patients, but he doesn't increase his staff. Problem 3: Whenever (and I mean whenever) you call his office, you'll be put on hold. Number 4: Lack of organizational skills. They can't remember what prescriptions they wrote for whom or when they wrote them.
Finally let me mention insurance. Unbeknownst to me (Or Cathal for that matter), my copay increased by five dollars in 2009. I should have known but I admit I don't stay on top of these things like I should. Approximately two months later I get a seething letter that I have 30 days to fess up the five bucks or it goes to the collection agency.
I suspect all of these trouble spots may be because Cathal is thrifty, but I'm just guessing. Or maybe he just doesn't know any better.
You don't have to be a good doctor in order to be a successful doctor. Cathal is proof of that.

termaxlor
10-20-09, 02:53 PM
I started as a patient with Dr. Grant in June of 2008. He first diagnosed me with GAD. Then I started seeing Cherly. She is sososo Nice. I stopped visiting them as a patient in January; I moved to South Texas. I miss the office, and hope I can find someone soon! Good Luck.

pikaplookie
06-30-11, 05:40 PM
My husband was going to this clinic for about 4 years, and he was constantly seeing different people. After several years of going here, the nurse practitioners would call and leave voicemails calling him by his last name. Every time you visit they will have you with a different therapist, and they don't keep notes as serious as a recent death in your family, or that you've had a severe reaction to a drug (they re-prescribed him a medication that caused aggression just a few months after I had to call them to tell him how he was reacting). The sad truth is that this clinic is very very poorly run (typical wait time is 1 hour PAST your appointment time before you even get to see anyone), they only want your money and don't seem to care at all about getting the patient better. As a result of the years of neglect in treating the problems I tried many times to tell them about, my husband seriously hurt himself and we now have several thousand dollars in hospital bills because of it. Had he been on more than an anti-depressant this probably would never have happened. Don't expect them to listen to you when you tell them things you're seeing in a person, they apparently think they know a patient better than someone that lives with them (and they typically spend 10 mins a visit with the patient). HORRIBLE ethics.

Rob1776
07-15-11, 01:41 PM
I go to Dr. Grant. He is nice (though seldom seen) and the NP I see is incredibly friendly and helpful. My experience with the NP is that she was open to talking with my family members and getting their input. I agree with what was said earlier about the wait times - I find that it is much better to go in the morning if you can. The NPs are overbooked and fall behind. The office staff are mostly rude, lazy and unhelpful, particularly on the phone. Once you get past them, and talk to a real person, things smooth right out. If the patient needs serious meds adjustment, or is "emergency prone" and you expect to potentially have to make something happen in a hurry, I would probably look for another doctor with a smaller caseload. On the other hand, if the situation is mostly stable and you just need an office for prescription maintenance, this should be fine - but go in the morning if you can.

amd011
08-02-11, 04:51 PM
I'm glad I found this forum, I have my first appointment with Dr Grant tomorrow morning and I am extremely nervous. I have not been diagnosed with ADHD but I am tired of being so hard on myself and always feeling like a loser for not accomplishing anything. What can I expect in tomorrow's visit? I have done research for years now and I am ready to get some sort of treatment for this, it is causing so much chaos in my new marriage and my new job. Just sucks. Can I expect to be there for a long time and what sort of tests might be given. I've taken many online self tests and such for not sure what to expect from actual psychiatrist? Any help would be wonderful!

Bubbles930
09-01-11, 01:14 PM
I have been seeing that office for some time now. I have been seeing the NP (just one) everytime since my first visit with him. She is great. And as far as wait time yes it is long most days but you do need to understand they do have a schedule amount of time for each patient, but as I work in a Doctors office too I understand more. No Doctor is going to rush you out the door, and if you have 10 people before you for the day and each go over by just 6 min then thats an hour behind already. Just be patient and if you are not happy with which ever NP you see you can be asked to be switched. I love mine she has really worked with me with my ADHD and Anxiety and Depression.

mjoy79
02-07-12, 12:02 PM
Sorry this is a bit of an older thread. But I just googled Dr. Grant because i was referred to him by my GP. The first link that comes up is :
http://www.inmyopinionfreespeech.us/patient-comments-made-about-cathal-grant/
Which actually seems to be getting it's quotes from this thread ironically. I'm freaking out a little bit. I'm afraid I'm not going to get the answers I seek and will just be put on a medication.
Should I worry? Or should I go ahead and make an appointment?

daviderodgers
04-23-12, 12:23 PM
I have been seeing Dr. Grant for about two years. I have never had anything but a good experience in his office. I have never found the wait to be as long as some in this thread had indicated. Additionally, I don't find the wait to be any longer, if as long as it typically is at any other doctor's or dentist's office for that matter.

I have always found Dr. Grant to be genuinely interested in my mental and physical health and well being. He is kind, attentive, and thorough in his work. He asks me about things in our visits that I have forgotten we even spoke about. I think anyone should consider themselves blessed to be able to see a man with Dr. Grant's skill and genuine concern for overall health.

One more thing, My wife saw Dr. Grant about 15 years ago after our son was killed in an automobile accident. He was great with her back then, too. I actually saw Dr. Fisher for a while after that tragedy in our lives and found him to be caring, empathetic, helpful, and very professional. I don't see how you could ask for a better set of doctors to help you with life's issues.

faith_tx
01-20-13, 03:47 PM
Wow I know this is an old post but the reviews on the link are shocking. My husband is lucky I guess because he's doing well with him. He's on Ritalin lexapro and Xanax. I see nurse Peggy. I'm on Celexa and klonopin. They have decided to stop taking insurance though and I'm hoping we can find another doctor willing to prescribe the same drugs that for now are helping with husband ADHD and my OCD and GAD.

The link suggests that all these drugs are damaging and we both had bad experiences trying to find the right mix of medications. Luvox made me very angry and my husband had his share of the same. I wonder what the answer is though? I had horrible panic attacks and he was incredibly depressed before taking medication. Was it just coincidence?

faith_tx
01-20-13, 05:40 PM
Correction. Hubby takes Zoloft.

flightybird
04-27-15, 09:25 PM
Reviving this crazy-old thread to ask - does anyone know if this office accepts Cigna? The office has closed for the day so I can't call, and the website just says they accept "most major insurance plans." I saw a different doctor (in Flower Mound) tonight, and have GOT to find a different doctor, because the one I saw was absolutely awful.

crissytsu
03-18-16, 12:31 PM
Been taking 80mgs of adderall a day since 1997 and my doctor recently retired and his replacement cut me back to 20mgs 1x a day... Ive seen several doctors since then who refuse to prescribe that high of a dosage. It works for me. before wasting anymore money on docs that won't prescribe 80mgs let me ask u this - - does anyone see Dr cathal grant and know if he prescribes 80mgs. I've heard he does and I have 20yrs worth of medical records to prove my dosage works.

sarahsweets
03-19-16, 06:49 AM
I dont know anything about that doctor but the daily recommened max for adhd is 40mg and the max for narcolepsy is 60 so I cant understand why you were cut back to 20.