View Full Version : For me, Clonidine significantly helped with addictions.

EricWKL
04-22-08, 12:42 AM
Anyone else notice this?

sloppitty-sue
04-22-08, 01:57 PM
I know that it can help lesson the miserable wd's of those with an opiate addiction. For me - however - it put me practically into a coma (which was better than the wd's I was having, but not very practical when you're a single mom).

Sue

Go Ask Alice
05-13-08, 12:56 AM
I was prescribed clonidine to help with opiate withdrawl (oxycodone), which I had taken for 6 months after shattering my calcaneous (heel) and breaking my ankle. I always research a new med before taking it, and I found a surprise bonus: it is used as a second-line defense in ADHD. I started with the Catapres-TTS-2 patch, which delivers 0.2 mg clonidine per day over a 7-day period. It helped with the withdrawl immensely, and when I pointed out the ADHD connection to my physician he dropped the dosage to the TTS-1 and prescribed it for a year. Not only does it help tame my hyperactivity, but another bonus is that it stabilizes blood pressure (its primary use), which comes in handy when taking high doses of stimulants, which can raise BP.

calvary1980
07-26-08, 02:46 PM
I was also on clonidine for opiate (codeine, oxy and occasional hydro) detox. I never heard of clonidine being treated for ADD until I saw this section, what clonidine is supposed to do is chemically alter your muscles so they dont contract which makes detoxing easy. it felt more like lorazepam for about 7 days out of the 30 I was on lol.

- Christine